Bedford Marina (North Vs South Shoot)

SXPhil

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiming to get there for 2 p.m and hit the soft Carlsberg / Carling pop

Oh dear, that sounds dangerously like the sort of time I would be looking to rock up. My defence is that I have to start early because I cant stay late due to transport issues.

I've got to say, Bedford isnt that great for pubs.

Aside from the PI, you have a couple of nice pubs on the embankment and some not so nice ones in the town centre. There is good real ale to be had in The Bear if you can put up with the crusties.

The Park inn is nice, but is a fair walk from the Marina, or there is a beefeater type place about 20 mins walk through the Riverside estate.

Is the PI the best local place to drink at?

I get the fact it's handy as that is where we are staying, but is there anywhere more salubrious within walking distance?

With Bedford being a university town there are loads of places to get boozed up. Been a while since I was last there so not sure how far a wander it would be from the PI tho.

Last time I suggested such a thing, I was told a walk of that magnitude has never been undertaken but some residents of Essex.

You forget the Fuller's Brewery trip Dunky, the Essex contingent managed the stroll along side the Thames several times. It was only Fat Cat who hid in the gents to save the walk to the curry house :lol:

Fire it over Zapp I will do it

Nice one, it should be winging its way over now.

There are loads of pubs in the town, but some are seriously dodgy. The ones I have highlighted are those I have either been in or those I know something about.

I just had a crazy thought. My sister is living in Bedford while at Uni at the moment, literally 2 minutes from where we'll be. I had a crazy idea to invite her a long for a few drinks on her big bruv...forgetting i'd be with a gang of pervy letches!