Red Dot Reflex Sight

Guest kenny

Guest kenny

Hi

Just saw an article in Sporting Gun about a Red Dot Reflex Sight being used to teach new shooters.

Got me thinking about my Hushpower and the problems I have been having getting use to it.

Has anyone put one on their Hushpower and what was the results.

Just before I rush out and get one or six.

Cheers Kenny

Not used the one referred to, but I have a fair bit of experience with a similar sight, the Eotech, albeit on a G36 carbine rather than a shotgun.

Very easy to use, fast target acquisition, good spatial/situational awareness whilst on aim as it's two eyes open and very easy to shift your point of aim.

Can't see why it would be difficult to give a target lead either once you've got your head around how it works.

I always used to think we were cheating using this as they are so good :lol:

Only downside is that they are an expensive bit of kit...

I have a BSA reflex sight on my mossberg hushpower. It cost me £95 and handles being thrown about the quadbike fine for over a year now. I chose that particular sight because it has the largest circular reticle which is ideal for moving targets. It makes night shooting so easy. Eo tech is the best but it's 4 times the price and much bigger. Try midway uk they have loads. The BSA is real value for money. Good luck. Dave

I use an old "Singlepoint" on my Pedretti Hushpower & find it helps with sitting targets.Funnily enough I have no bother with moving targets although getting used to gun shooting low took some time.Downside of the sight for me is that it makes you raise your head to a less than ideal position unless you raise the stock comb.

post-3485-0-33317800-1304337016.jpg

Guest kenny

Thanks Lads I am thinking about putting one on my Mossberg Hushpower

20 bore as you will know there is quite a step up from the barrel to the suppressor this is what I am trying over come I am looking for one with about 50mm objective lens as I think this will give me a quicker sight picture on target

Rushjob I know they are good sights I have to clear some Rooks out of a noise sensitive Area for a farmer So its not sport it’s a must I had an Eotech one on my M4 when I got smashed out in the Pit.

Dave Which BSA one do you have And do you find the step up from the Top Rib to the suppressor gets in the way.

Drut what one is yours Pal looks like that might work for me.

Thanks Kenny

Hello buddy, Bsa pano reflex for about 93quid. That's the sight of choice for me on my hushpower mossberg 20ga. You have to mount them on a picatinny rail which you can get off eBay for £15. The rail itself just screws into the guns receiver no tools needed as all recievers are pre drilled on 20 and 12ga mossbergs. Try midway uk chap. Atb Dave

MMM INTERESTING i just bought a 50mm nikko red dot off fleebay for £40 and a picanny rail to fit to a flat surface for £9 to use on my invesohushy 20b,I'll let you know how I get on,the gun is gr8 it's just the missing that gets to me,hopefully this will give me a better chance etc

I just recieved a 40mm red/green dot sight from JS Ramsbottom for £20 for my single 20g husher. Fitted it at lunchtime went for a little walk and rolled a fox at 20yards using it. 28grams of no6 at 1000 fps.

The sight seems a bargain and even comes with flip up lens covers and spare batteries.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/categorylist/red-dot--laser-sights-red-dot-sights/

I made the rail that fits it to my gun :good:

I just recieved a 40mm red/green dot sight from JS Ramsbottom for £20 for my single 20g husher. Fitted it at lunchtime went for a little walk and rolled a fox at 20yards using it. 28grams of no6 at 1000 fps.

The sight seems a bargain and even comes with flip up lens covers and spare batteries.

Nice one mate sounds like a lucky mooch and a half!! It's interesting seeing people use different kit. Atb dave

thanks for the heads up on that sight, just ordered one myself for the 3 shot bolt action hushpower 410, Ill probably make my own rail too :good:

Is it the silver coloured one you got mate? Im after a red dote sight for my 20 bore pump Hushpower. Is that the one you recommend?

Is it the silver coloured one you got mate? Im after a red dote sight for my 20 bore pump Hushpower. Is that the one you recommend?

Yes, I got the silver one with the 40mm lense because it was £10 cheaper than the black one and I am tight :blush:

He has them on ebay too if that makes ordering simpler :good:

Yes, I got the silver one with the 40mm lense because it was £10 cheaper than the black one and I am tight :blush:

He has them on ebay too if that makes ordering simpler :good:

christ, my reason too on going for the silver, we both must squeak as we walk :lol:

Ill give it a quick blast with matt black spray to take the shine off it,

am just having another dexter moment on making a bracket to gun mount

hopefully the sight will be here tomorrow

christ, my reason too on going for the silver, we both must squeak as we walk :lol:

Ill give it a quick blast with matt black spray to take the shine off it,

am just having another dexter moment on making a bracket to gun mount

hopefully the sight will be here tomorrow

To be honest, the pop up lense covers means that most of it ends up black anyway :good:

well, as hoped mine got delivered this morning, very good item considering the price, and a spare battery too :good:

just need to knock up some form of mounting bracket, and fix to gun, then go out and try to get it sighted in correctly

using my 410, I reckon at sighting it around 30 ish yards, do you reckon that'll work :hmm:

I got mine this morning too,I'm a bit disapointed TBH as unlike the aimpoint one(admittedly £500) where the red dot stays static regardless of your view position with the nikko one the red dot moves about all over the lens as your head moves,so it won't give the actual direction of the shot pattern if your view point shifts,which I feel makes the point of it,from my perspective is to show me where the shot will go on a gun which has no rib and is differcult to line up on the bird,not possible. Any thoughts?

I am disapointed as I thought that the red dot would stay static regardless of where your head was positioned,but if your tracking a pigeon and all you want to concentrate is the lead,as hushpowers don't make it easy to get point of aim,with oversized tube and no rib and the red dot is bouncing all over the lens then you're not getting a consistant sight picture,

The Hushpower is great because it's quiet but i miss much more with it and was hoping to reduce that by using a red dot.

I am disapointed as I thought that the red dot would stay static regardless of where your head was positioned,but if your tracking a pigeon and all you want to concentrate is the lead,as hushpowers don't make it easy to get point of aim,with oversized tube and no rib and the red dot is bouncing all over the lens then you're not getting a consistant sight picture,

The Hushpower is great because it's quiet but i miss much more with it and was hoping to reduce that by using a red dot.

The dot stays static at the target. Sit your gun on a solid surface then eye thru the scope on a distant point. Moving your head will not change that point.

It will never be as fast as pointing the gun like normal because you have to pick up the dot then align it to the target but mine is mainly for lamping and will do fine for that because you have time to prepare for the shot.

If you're disappointed send it back and get a refund.

Edited by sitsinhedges

my problem is the norca has no where to fix it, Ive tried bodging a mount, but Im not happy with it, my next idea would be to fix it on the hushpower outer somehow, jubilee clip anyone :lol:

I machined a solid rail out of aluminium by using a tablesaw method to cut coving (google that) which could be quite dangerous if you dont know what you are doing. I then machined the dovetails on my mill.

Failing that a small square shallow U shaped aluminium box section will straddle the tube and not rock and this will give you a good platform for a scope rail, you could even fill the middle with car body filler if you wanted more contact.

i bought a "20mm gunrail" from ebay for £5.79,i plan to tap a couple of srews into Hushgpower tube then it's on,mine is the 50mm version so has a mount for a 20 mm weaver rail,small scopes need a small rail,which I could not find on ebay,that's why I bought the 50mm version