What PCP

hardguy007

Im looking into getting a .177 12ft/lb PCP for some internal shooting of pigeon in builders & farmers sheds. I do want one with a buddy bottle so as i can take a couple with me insted of lugging about a cylinder. So, some questions:

1. Super 10 or Rapid 7 (or other)?

2. Typical shots per fill?

3. Realistic range if i happened to see a rabbit or 2 sitting somewere?

Cheers

I'm just in a similar position so whilst I'm no expert I've read a lot. I'm looking at a BSA Ultra because I like the look, the price is right and I'm seeing a lot of people reporting good results up to 50 yards with 35 being a good killing range. The rile can be modified with an air regulator which takes the published fill to shot count of 35 to 50 to something more like 100 and makes each shot more consistent. That mod costs about £120.

There are lots of rifles out there that do very similar things but having looked at them all this is nice and compact and people claim its very accurate.

Hope that helps. I'm planning on buying one for me and one for my brother in the next month with a 7 litre gas bottle. Currently negotiating price with my gunsmith!

cheers for the reply but im in a buddy bottle notion. My uncle has a radid 7 going reasonable (i think - have to speak to him yet) and i used to have a super 10 which is why ive narrowed it down to those 2. In my case i want a balance between a decent tool and a good number of shots.

Both have issues these day's :blush:

Check out your Local Air Gun Club and see what others are using & Why

Re Air bottles yes a 12. Litre 300 Bar is a pain - But many Serious Shooters

also have 3 Litre Bottles which can be topped up off 12 Litres

Which can be carried are secured on your Shoot Trail

But as many will find that it's not often on a Hunt you will need Hundred's of Shot's

Got some good Shoots - not often I am able to get 50 plus on a trip

Without returning to vehicle with Shot Vermin -

BOB/R

I have a Mk3 Super Ten BB in .22, left handed and can get about 200 shots from a full refill on the 232 bar buddy bottle, the .177 version is around 160.

Rapid 7

Mk1 .177 200 shots

Mk2 .177 220 shots all from a 200 bar buddy bottle

If a Rapid 7 was available in a left hooker at the time of buying the super ten, the Rapid would of been top choice.

Had one before and also one in FAC, wish I never sold them on.

As for the range, well, that down to your own skill :P

I sold my Superten to get a Rapid17 as I already had a FAC Rapid in .22.The Theoben Rapid is far superior than the Superten IMO.I prefer the smoother cocking and visible shot count of the Rapid mag that has an advantage over the Superten.The Rapid was voted as being the airgun of the Millenium-what's that saying!

Another brilliant rifle is the Air Arms S410 which I can't recommend enough-superb rifle which also is extremely accurate!

ATB.