Mobile phones when claybashing

Just wondered about other peoples opinions with regard to mobile phones when clay pigeon shooting with friends.

I find people answering calls or texting whilst we are supposed to be shooting inconsiderate and distracting, but then I am a miserable ***.

How do you feel about that or is it just me :hmm:

Just wondered about other peoples opinions with regard to mobile phones when clay pigeon shooting with friends.

I find people answering calls or texting whilst we are supposed to be shooting inconsiderate and distracting, but then I am a miserable ***.

If it's a competition then fair enough but on an everyday Sunday morning shoot..... if you are wearing ear protection I'd be amazed you could hear the sound of a mobile phone!

People taking things too seriously during a leisurely Sunday shoot is just as distracting and takes the fun out of it for everyone else...

So I would say it's just you :lol:

Edited by Vipa

[

+1 :good:

..... if you are wearing ear protection I'd be amazed you could hear the sound of a mobile phone!

My electronic ones buzz whenever near a phone that is being used, starts before the phone even rings!

Stand away from the phone and they amplify the conversation that I don't want to hear.

I don't care if someone is on the phone behind me, same as I don't care if someone is talking behind me. People have wives/kids/work and lives outside of the clay ground. :good:

+1 :good:

Mind you, if they paused saying, "sorry, I have to take this" just before their last pair I would have something to say about it... :P

Edited by Thunderbird

The clay ground is where we go to get away from all of the above. :lol:

If a member of our squad was on the phone holding the squad up, he would soon be on his own.

It's supposed to be fun and enjoyment.... if you want to take things that seriously, enter competitions!

Sunday mornings are for bacon butties, a stroll with a good bit of craic and a gun and busting some clays... If I was with a squad that took ubridge of me sending a few texts or using my mobile... I'd soon WANT to be on my own!

It's supposed to be fun and enjoyment.... if you want to take things that seriously, enter competitions!

Sunday mornings are for bacon butties, a stroll with a good bit of craic and a gun and busting some clays... If I was with a squad that took ubridge of me sending a few texts or using my mobile... I'd soon WANT to be on my own!

It is supposed to be fun, but anything I am prepared to chuck £40 at for an hours fun I am probably wanting to take reasonably seriously too :hmm:

My OP was in regards to a friend doing your trapping and you trying to shoot when his phone is ringing in his pocket, then having to wait whilst he tries to return the call several times before he shoots, then a bout of texting between stands, then a call back to him a couple of stands further on etc.

If it were me I would tell the caller I was busy and ring them back after I'd finished shooting unless it was important.

I remember a story I read somwhere about a keeper who had had enough of a chap on peg who was using His phone non stop, so He said " the next time that ******* phone goes off, I'm going to shoot it, best make sure its not glued to Your ear at the time chap :lol::lol:"

Can't stand phones in general although they are a necessary evil.

If I visit someone in an office to discuss something, I've made the effort to be there; when they answer the phone in front of me to someone who hasn't made that effort then that's just bad manners. I have in the past walked out of such an office, regardless of the rank of the inhabitant.

Suday morning on the clays is a time to be away from it all, having fun, a chat and a go at the "birds". Unless it's a life or death call there's no need to answer it. There's certainly no need to make a call in front of your pals unless you wish to prove how little you think of them.

Pity mobiles cost more then clays because they may make interesting targets!

• 3 months later...

I don't care if someone is on the phone behind me, same as I don't care if someone is talking behind me. People have wives/kids/work and lives outside of the clay ground. :good:

Well they shouldn't, it's a very serious business is clay shooting all those listed are nothing but a distraction :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mr Potter

PS Don't tell the missus I said that :o :o :o