Cracking Day on the Rape

Maidment78

Just come back from a super day on the rape, went to do a little DIY at the farm but no one turned up as it was raining so at 10am when the rain stopped I went for a wonder and saw the farmer topping the rape.

I asked what he was up to and apparently the new farm hand got the mix wrong on the spray and killed it. (100 acres) :no:

So off to the car and set up under a nice old oak tree that is in the middle of the field and waited, farmer was still cutting about 200 yrds up the other end of the field but it did not seem to make any difference and for the first time this year the birds came into the pattern like they were on rails, bird every 2-3 mins for about 2 hrs then slowed down.

I missed a stupid amount for which I bow my head in shame and will be off to the clay ground I feel but managed to bag 86 pigeons and 12 crows by the end of the session which is a major pesonal best and decided to stop there as I was shooting so poorly I did not deserve the extra two.

Left the phone at home so missed the chance for a photo but a great day and when I was leaving the farmer told me he will be ploughing tomorrow and drilling again Tuesday so I have a feeling it will be a busy week on the field.

Thanks guys, my previous best was just over twenty, I was so pleased with myself yesterday, now I look like a scene out of a horror movie, I have filled the freezer and even the dog is sick of pigeon feathers, really going to have so sell some or give them away next time, that was just ridiculous.