Chas E Smith - Romsey - Help!

Has anyone had dealing with the above company?

I bought some gear from them which I returned immediately as it was wrong size.

Post Office tracking shows it was delivered, but I cannot get an answer from their phone or email.

As it stands I am about £50 out of pocket.

So any one know anything about them or whether they have gone bust!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm in the same boat, I bought two sets of gloves (£40) 6 weeks ago, Ive emailed them 6 times but never had a reply. Over the 3 weeks I've been trying to call them their phone number has come up as not recognised. Any help would also be appreciated

They were there and answering phone calls 4 weeks ago as I spoke to a lady about some boots that seemed incredibly cheap. They were out of stock and they said they weren't getting more in so perhaps they were selling off their last remaining stock?

Good luck.

I just checked out their web site as I work just up the road and thought that I could pop in and see if they are open and the web site says STOCK CLEARANCE SALE DUE TO RELOCATION, could be bad orginisation or you might have been ripped off. Will try and see if they are still operating from Romsey over the weekend. Good luck guys. :yp:

they lodged intentions to dissolve the company in April so effectively it looks like you can whistle for your money. That said website is up and running and says relocating so possibly selling it as a going concern, best option is as above get someone to pop in. Thats the listed company however it does look like there is another company at that address called funnily enough Chas E Smith

• 2 weeks later...

I did a little more digging and found the landlords of the unit from which Chas E Smith operated. They are PG & U P-r-a-t-t of Rudd Lane, Upper Timsbury, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0NU, tel 01794 368 732.

(I had to spell their name with dashes to get around the BBS anti swear word software!!)

They told me that the directors had "done a flit" owing many thousands of pounds owing in rent. They also said that the unit was now let out to new owners who had changed the telephone line which is why I couldn't get through on it.

This does seem at odds with the post above stating another company with a "very similar name" is now trading in the unit.

Anyway I called my local police who came to take my statement last Friday but said that they wouldn't do anything as they've taken the "strategic decision" that internet fraud has to be dealt with by the police local to the company and I need to talk to them. They also said I should talk to Romsey trading standards.

The following is publicly available information from companies house that you will need if you also want to make a complaint to the local police and/or Hampshire trading standards on 01622 626503. If you do please post your results here.

The company is (was) a trading name of Appo leasure Limited - Company Registration no: 3542208 VAT Registered: 717 4975 02

Registered address; 3A Bell Street, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8GY

The directors are (or were) Mr Ian J. Aplin Date of Birth: 31 Jan 1952 and Carol E. Aplin Date of Birth: 28 Dec 1952

Their home address is: Marina, Stockbridge Road, Timsbury, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 ONF

This is less than a mile away from the business address of Chas E Smith, Unit G, Hunts Farm, Rudd Lane, Upper Timsbury, Romsey, SO51 0NU

By now we all know their defunct telephone number 01794 367982

Edited by sanibel686