Another white van man

DSPUK

On way home and came up behind a small van following a big white van -- speed limit 50 van doing 40 - got to island and he turned right same way we all wanted to go - speed limit 60 - vanman 40-45-40-50-40-45-35-50-- road nice wide single carrageway -a few passing straights - I bet this is the same driver you see out on a sunday morning - even tractor and trailer had dissapeared into distance - I think the a-whole was doing it on purpose - wasn't a #### as no-one was in passenger seat looking over garden walls - anyway if you see a White Hightop van with red and yellow hatching on back doors - blacked out windows and two pictures of cameras stuck on near roof and a pod on roof that is the t-wat. - must have been 30 vehicles behind - I bet he was smirking all the way.

dave

Van Drivers

Many van drivers get caught out because they do not know the law. Make sure you know the national speed limits that your vehicle is restricted to:

If your van has a maximum laden weight (Gross Vehicle Weight) of over 2 tonnes (2000kg) then you are restricted to lower speed limits on single carriageways and dual carriageways.

•If your van or goods vehicle has a maximum laden weight (Gross Vehicle Weight) of over 7.5 tonnes (7500kg) you are also restricted to lower speed limits on motorways

Below are some examples of speed limits for vans, however, you should check the Gross Vehicle Weight and "plated" weight of your van/goods vehicle.

Vans

Type of vehicle

Built-up area Single carriageway Dual carriageway Motorway

Transit Type Van 30 50 60 70*

Luton Type Van 30 50 60 70*

Astra Type Van 30 60 70 70

Motorway note: *60 if articulated or towing a trailer.

So basically the guy was sticking to the speed limits, if he had been speeding in a speed camera van you would have been baying for his blood.

Remember speed limits are maximum speeds not targets to be attained.

On way home and came up behind a small van following a big white van -- speed limit 50 van doing 40 - got to island and he turned right same way we all wanted to go - speed limit 60 - vanman 40-45-40-50-40-45-35-50-- road nice wide single carrageway -a few passing straights - I bet this is the same driver you see out on a sunday morning - even tractor and trailer had dissapeared into distance - I think the a-whole was doing it on purpose - wasn't a #### as no-one was in passenger seat looking over garden walls - anyway if you see a White Hightop van with red and yellow hatching on back doors - blacked out windows and two pictures of cameras stuck on near roof and a pod on roof that is the t-wat. - must have been 30 vehicles behind - I bet he was smirking all the way.

dave

I bet you feel a right **** now - Headline news, "white van man sticks to law, fellow impatient, more important road users outraged".

Not really as he was well below lawfull speed limit - I don't mind if they go slow constantly at least you know where you stand but no need for an undulating speed from 35 to 50 on open road. I think he was pee taking.

Dave