border custom barrles

does any one know what price border charge for their barrels? looking ay the website i think its about a grand shurely this cant be right? i got quoated off some one else for a packnor barrel for 475 :huh:

if your thinking of having a match barrel fitted the gun smith (i use that term loosly) will supply you one,if you supply your own you will not get a guarantee if the rifle dosent shoot as they didnt supply the barrel you did

plus you will struggle to import a barrel due to all the red tape nowerdays

does any one know what price border charge for their barrels? looking ay the website i think its about a grand shurely this cant be right? i got quoated off some one else for a packnor barrel for 475 :huh:

depends on if we are talking archer (buttoned) or the Border (cut rifled) and what profle etc. about £600 fitted for an archer std sporter

hmm i have a action i want re- barrled in 6-47 but want a nice barrle for it, riflecraft said 475 to suply and fit a pac nor i think border want 600 fot eh barrle the 400 for fitting?

forget riflecraft they take far too long and there work wsnt what it used to be,try steve kershaw in Howden east yorkshire,there are barrels and there are barrels,

you could also try gavin form anglo custom rifles

did you get the a price direct from Border as that sounds ridiculous

hmm i have a action i want re- barrled in 6-47 but want a nice barrle for it, riflecraft said 475 to suply and fit a pac nor i think border want 600 fot eh barrle the 400 for fitting?

way too many stories about riflecraft, mainly about honesty - not actually heard one negative story about the work they did do in the end, just changing prices and changing delivery times with broken promises. Were you are in the country i should just go to Border directly, besides anything else if it won't shoot they cant blame anyone else having done everything including make the tube, its not too far to drive down and have a word face to face (you aint gonna drive to Norfolk though). maybee PRS if you have enough cash. 6-47 is a great calibre but for a sporting rifle i fail to see much advantage other than the reputation (as yet unpooven fully) of extended life over the 243 win and 243 ack. The brass is very expensive and hard to get at times so i think this ofsets extended life you may or may not get. Also my experiance with the 47's is the feed aint just as stone reliable. Remember the 308 win class of cartridge is the best there is in this regards having been developed for military use specifically in full auto and semi auto.

I have had a 223 and a 6.5x47 built by border barrels and they are currently rebarreling 2 other rifles for me, my 220 swift and my 6.5x284 and also building me a 6mmx47.

Theyre work is second to none and I would highly recommend their work.

All of my rifles built by them shoot tiny tiny groups, benchrest accuracy from them all!

Go for a border cut barrel if you are doing long range shooting and varminting other wise go for a border archer but saying that my archer doesnt give up much to the cut barrels either.

Garry

way too many stories about riflecraft, mainly about honesty - not actually heard one negative story about the work they did do in the end, just changing prices and changing delivery times with broken promises.

Have to say my .243 went there to be screw cut, the job is fine what wasn't is the fortnight tuened into 3 weeks then a month which is pretty ridiculous. Cost was top end as well

Have to say my .243 went there to be screw cut, the job is fine what wasn't is the fortnight tuened into 3 weeks then a month which is pretty ridiculous. Cost was top end as well

there you go a week to screw cut and he gets it in a month- buisnesses like that don't deserve to survive, have they never heard of stopping on late :rolleyes:

well i was wanting it soon ish lol you got me all worried now.

rhino rifles want to much(thou they are good rifles with fst times)

border is the same,want to much and will only use their barrles

brock and norris= dont like mike norris, after he said i should be sodomised with my rifle for not cleaning it lol

so that leaves rc out of the well know builders. and dont even suggest callum ferguson :oops: