General Licence - pocket guide

Hi guys,

Does anybody know of a 'pocket size' copy of the general licences? I think it would be handy to have in the gun slip or cartridge bag for reference (not necessarily for the shooter, but the nosey *** that sees you shooting the poor baby bunnies).

If not, I'll see if I can chuck it all together with only relevant points highlighted.

Cheers

I hate to point out the obvious but print out the entire copy of the general licence and any modifications made to said licence since its existence and you will still not find any relevance to shooting baby bunnies :oops:

Well, it will be a mix of general licence/Natural England, countryside wildlife act and a bit of basc. For example;

All occupiers have statutory obligations regarding wild rabbits that are harbouring on their land.

An Order has been made under Section One of the Pests Act 1954 by which England and Wales (except for the City of London, the Isles of Scilly and Skokholm Island) have been declared a Rabbit Clearance Area. In this area, every occupier of land is responsible for controlling wild rabbits on his/her land or for taking steps to prevent them causing damage. This is a continuing obligation.

really any anti you meet isn't going to sit down and read a load of info you get out. While carrying out a lawful activity on land you have permission on they can go forth and multiply and you don't have to justify what you are doing

Is it not just easier to search for the General Licence on your iPhone and then add the page as a button to your homepage?

It'll be like an App.

I'd be reliant on internet connection then. But what I have done, is saved the relevant PDFs along with my consolidated version on my iphone. I've also just laminated at A5 that I can chuck in my bag.

It's not just to wave at anti's, but also for my piece of mind when shooting. Example, I was fairly sure I couldn't shoot moorhens (this was told to me years ago). But, but looking at my handy pockey guide, I can see I am able to shoot them!

really any anti you meet isn't going to sit down and read a load of info you get out. While carrying out a lawful activity on land you have permission on they can go forth and multiply and you don't have to justify what you are doing

+1

If anyone comes up and asks us when we're duck shooting we just politely tell them where to go and mind their own. And let them know they're trespassing on private land. More than happy to speak to plod if they want to call them and get them down for a chat.

Example, I was fairly sure I couldn't shoot moorhens (this was told to me years ago). But, but looking at my handy pockey guide, I can see I am able to shoot them!

Non-toxic shot for Coot and Moorhen :good:

(lead bullets are ok)

Hi guys,

Does anybody know of a 'pocket size' copy of the general licences? I think it would be handy to have in the gun slip or cartridge bag for reference (not necessarily for the shooter, but the nosey *** that sees you shooting the poor baby bunnies).

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll take a copy when you put them to print.

:)

If not, I'll see if I can chuck it all together with only relevant points highlighted.

Cheers

Edited by Logo

• 1 year later...