My first kill for the table

madazrex

Hello everyone :D

well the mood was set i went out on to my permition to find a place to put my camo netting as for the passed few weeks has been all about getting to know where things are as i have been walking around and trying to stalk my quarry i thought it was time to sit and see what comes !

so i set out about 6.30 tonight walked down my first filed saw 4 magpies no shot taken as i wanted to get set up with my hide in to the next filed and through that one till i come to my gate in the filed where through my ca mo net over its near a fence as well and went over nicely so i climebred in side and made my self nice and comfy a while passed all the rabbits had run off 1 hour passed few swooping birds then a nother hour the about 35 yards way up above me on the electric lines was a plump woody i line up wether was warm and nice with no wind i went for the head shot bang it droped clean as a Whistel i was so proud of this made my night no more opportunities came but i was so happy with the result it did not matter i only new i had to give it justice by making it form my supper so i would like to show you all my first kill with my BSA XL lighting with RWS superpoints 0.22 and what i made .

post-35843-0-79213900-1307142545.jpg

pan sired with garlic red onions butter served with lettuces a wedge of cheese and blackcurrant jam .

post-35843-0-95782200-1307142571.jpg

Well done :good: Scoff looks nice too, though I'm not sure about the blackcurrant jam! On scones yes, on pigeon NO..........

good shooting mate...you put what you want with your first kill...hope its the first of many..i do reccomend a red wine reduction tho with the jam...all the best.

Edited by archie1234

Hi could any1 put a video up of breasting the pigeon ? I have no clue how to go about this ? I shot loads before just for vermin, but I shot 1 yesterday and was going to try it but it was so skinny i think it must have been shot before and ill in health needles to say wasnt worth it. Dinner looks great , wish I could present it like that. I've had a bowl of frosties every night this week due to being lazy an not being bothered with the hassle for 1. ( everyone else is on holiday)

Hi could any1 put a video up of breasting the pigeon ? I have no clue how to go about this ? I shot loads before just for vermin, but I shot 1 yesterday and was going to try it but it was so skinny i think it must have been shot before and ill in health needles to say wasnt worth it. Dinner looks great , wish I could present it like that. I've had a bowl of frosties every night this week due to being lazy an not being bothered with the hassle for 1. ( everyone else is on holiday)

hear you go my friend

it helps a lot good walk through :good: :good: :good: :good:

good shooting mate...you put what you want with your first kill...hope its the first of many..i do reccomend a red wine reduction tho with the jam...all the best.

i will get some wine in and i will do that for shure next iam hopeing to rost them in full crowns next time with all the trimmings if i get a few that is hehe ..

hear you go my friend

it helps a lot good walk through :good: :good: :good: :good:

Just replying As I need the link, wont come up on my iPhone . Cheers dude

Good video now I've seen it, looks so simple, . But now the other question , how do you cook it and how long for ? Haha sorry I'm on a big learning curve as I get deeper into the challenges of shooting, and loving it. I'm off in the garden to wait for dinner now :)

Edited by dan-250

Just replying As I need the link, wont come up on my iPhone . Cheers dude

Good video now I've seen it, looks so simple, . But now the other question , how do you cook it and how long for ? Haha sorry I'm on a big learning curve as I get deeper into the challenges of shooting, and loving it. I'm off in the garden to wait for dinner now :)

Loads of ideas in the PW Recipe Forum.

The only tip I can give is that if you are pan-frying the breasts, don't overcook them.

Slightly pink is good and you have free meat that tastes like quality steak

Edited by amateur

Slightly pink is good and you have free meat that tastes like quality steak

I remember giving first bite of my first woodcock to my missus, and she said: "It's like steak! Only... smaller!". It's good for sure, but I'd still spend £15 on a good bit of fillet with pepper sauce...