Open ticket

Morning all

ive had my fac for over 5 years now and as you can see i have a fair amount of rifles, however i would like to have a open ticket for my .22,17hmr and 22/250..

how do i go about getting it..ive had my rimfires for over 3 years and use a good amount of ammo and my 22/250 for 18 months..i no i wont get the 243 opend up as ive only had it a few months...

whats my next step?? im in Manchester so its GMP that cover my licence...

Thanks in advance

Rich. :good:

should i just phone them up or do i put it in writeing to them??

You want as much on your side as possible, in a letter you can list as many reasons and put as good a case as possible and they will have to read and respond.

It is easy to forget things, come across unprepared or simply get nervous in a phone call, and it is simple for someone at the other end of the phone to just say something along the lines of..."we don't even consider removing restrictions for 5 years"

So...

:hmm::good:

do i then send in the letter with my licence and just wait to see what happens ?

If you think you have a decent case then YES, if you are just fishing then simply phone them!

Make sure you have plenty of ammo and a photocopy of your FAC before sending it off.

had similar a couple of weeks ago ,

had a good chat with my fao , who i have known for 30 years , he verbaly said ok on phone , told me to put it writing and send the letter and ticket in , he has to confirm in writing our conversation to the feo and it should be back .

thats how its done in norfolk .

i know a couple of guys that have had probs , but all fao are differant , some follow with brain and knowledge , some follow guides and rules .

fingers crossed for ya , its worth the call .

adi

had similar a couple of weeks ago ,

had a good chat with my fao , who i have known for 30 years , he verbaly said ok on phone , told me to put it writing and send the letter and ticket in , he has to confirm in writing our conversation to the feo and it should be back .

thats how its done in norfolk .

i know a couple of guys that have had probs , but all fao are differant , some follow with brain and knowledge , some follow guides and rules .

fingers crossed for ya , its worth the call .

adi

thanks mate. :good:

rich you tend to find that on your 5 year renewal they open your ticket any way as a matter of course it doesnt really matter what rifles you have on your ticket or how long you have had them

Mark :good:

Northumbria police did not open mine on renewal in January.

I did not ask but did put in for variation for .243 which I got.

Got my fac open after 13 months I thinks for rf and whilst it was in I added a variation for 243 deer/fox both came back open with no awquard conditions mentor etc. I do use plenty of ammo and have enough land but I personaly found most of my farmers refused to have their land cleared. (their choice) This is what I told my flo and my fac was opened no problem. This was with Durham. :good: