Sussex newbie looking for recommedations

-Mongrel-

Hi all,

Just been granted my SGC although I have been shooting clays for a while with hired guns. I made my application because the hired guns generally didn't fit so well, generally short in the butt and needing a packer...not ideal. Either that or my arms are a bit long!!

So, I'm looking for recommendations for a novice friendly o/u shotgun, nothing too expensive but I do appreciate that you get what ya pays for to a degree.

Also looking for shop recomemndations, I have C H Weston in Brighton but wonder who else you'd recommend relatively locally?

Thanks, Paul.

Whatever you buy make sure it fits, I cant think of a standard stock that is over 15" so you may have limited choice if you need a longer stock (the ideal is have one made but that's pricey) you can add upto about 1" without it looking silly of spacer and pad on a 14"3/4 Browning gets you 15"1/2 If you can get somewhere where you shoot before buying and perhaps take your coach to check fit that is best.

you've also go 2 in east grinstead, andersons and east grinstead guns very close to each other, and if you're

travelling that way may as well see chris potters as well.

could make a nice day of it visiting those three. :)

Edited by mickmep

Looks like a trip to East Grinny may be in order then...so, what about gun suggestions, I will try and ensure fit before I buy. I am mainly interested in those 'unsung heroes'. Basicaly, really good little guns that do the job well but maybe aren't quite as fashionable so a little less popular.

I love the look of the Berettas, but, I don't like the prices and have never shot one. I'd also guess that as a newbie I'm unlikely to really benefit that much from a top quality gun. I can always trade up later, and realistically it's possible I may never get good enough to justify a good gun...

....nah, that's a stupid thought!!!! :lol:

I love the look of the Berettas, but, I don't like the prices and have never shot one. I'd also guess that as a newbie I'm unlikely to really benefit that much from a top quality gun. I can always trade up later, and realistically it's possible I may never get good enough to justify a good gun...

Better of buying a well known make as you will loose far less when trade in some to look for Miroku MK38 great VFM, Browning 325/425/525. Beretta 682 for under the £1k mark Winchester 101, Lanber