opened cert in record time

collected my fac today , after putting in for variation to add deer and to open my 22 and hmr .

to my suprise it now reads

22rf 17hmr blah blah used for shooting vermin and for zeroing on ranges,or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot

.243 rifle blah blah used for shooting deer and any other lawful quarry and for zeroing on ranges,or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

now the bit i had to question is

ther certificate holder may possess,purchase or aquire expanding ammunition,or the missile of such ammunition,in the calibres authorisedf by this certificate and the use only in conection with any one or more of the following,namely;-

the lawful shooting of deer

the shooting of verminor,in the course of carrying activities in connection with the management of any estate.

other wildlife;

the humane killing of animals

the shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans

that bit she said covers just about everything to make you legal, no need to list fox like what you asked for this does it all .

so as you can imagine im like a dog with two doobries .

i will add , i know leeds gimp is having trouble opening his ticket , but norfolk isnt normally slack his fao is differant to mine ,as i posted before some use the rule book to the letter , some use the rules mixed with their brains. i have known my fao for the past 32 years , he knows me inside out and the good and the bad bits.

so a big thumbs up for norfolk i think ! :good:

i will add as well ,that in my line of work im either in farms ,quarrys, golf course's , landfill sites , waiste transfer stations ect ect you get what i mean , my covering letter explainded this saying i have ample pest control requests but tied to land. my fao backed me for these reasons.

and he knows im a top bloke ! :D

adi

collected my fac today , after putting in for variation to add deer and to open my 22 and hmr .

to my suprise it now reads

22rf 17hmr blah blah used for shooting vermin and for zeroing on ranges,or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot

.243 rifle blah blah used for shooting deer and any other lawful quarry and for zeroing on ranges,or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

now the bit i had to question is

ther certificate holder may possess,purchase or aquire expanding ammunition,or the missile of such ammunition,in the calibres authorisedf by this certificate and the use only in conection with any one or more of the following,namely;-

the lawful shooting of deer

the shooting of verminor,in the course of carrying activities in connection with the management of any estate.

other wildlife;

that bit she said covers just about everything to make you legal, no need to list fox like what you asked for this does it all .

so as you can imagine im like a dog with two doobries .

i will add , i know leeds gimp is having trouble opening his ticket , but norfolk isnt normally slack his fao is differant to mine ,as i posted before some use the rule book to the letter , some use the rules mixed with their brains. i have known my fao for the past 32 years , he knows me inside out and the good and the bad bits.

so a big thumbs up for norfolk i think ! :good:

i will add as well ,that in my line of work im either in farms ,quarrys, golf course's , landfill sites , waiste transfer stations ect ect you get what i mean , my covering letter explainded this saying i have ample pest control requests but tied to land. my fao backed me for these reasons.

and he knows im a top bloke ! :D

adi

well done mate safe shooting. :good:

spot on harnser .

dad used to play snooker with him whilst i was at cubs , then him and ginger knew each and every teenager by name and address in hellesdon .

knows me and my past inside out and has a very good head on him .

the real gem is that my fac was granted 10 months ago after several conversations with him about all aspects of shooting.he knows who is who and whats what ,a plain good bloke .

adi

I know who you both mean :lol:

but i am under someone else who I am starting to feel has no idea about the role of shooters..

Got some more land tonight about 800-900 acres and now need to speak to the office tomorrow to check its clearer etc....when the farmer has said he just wants me to get on with it as soon as I can ....How much land do you need and how many rounds do you have t shoot before they say restrictions removed..... :lol:

Alright Matt, sorry I missed your call the other night. Just be patient mate, mine got opened without too much hassle (same conditions as silpig's).

We both have the same FEO and ok he's no PB but he's ok and like Harnser said we do at least live in an area where guns aren't seen as the arbiters of doom that they are in some parts of the country. I could do clays in the back garden with the only problem being my neighbours wanting to join in and the FLO have a similar rational attitude. God bless rural living!

Alright Matt, sorry I missed your call the other night. Just be patient mate, mine got opened without too much hassle (same conditions as silpig's).

We both have the same FEO and ok he's no PB but he's ok and like Harnser said we do at least live in an area where guns aren't seen as the arbiters of doom that they are in some parts of the country. I could do clays in the back garden with the only problem being my neighbours wanting to join in and the FLO have a similar rational attitude. God bless rural living!

Nah its ok just wondered if you want a nite out soon as got some new land.

Same offer goes to the Norfolk gents that I know :good:

Edited by leeds chimp

you are getting slightly confused but its not much of an issue the bit in Blue is mostly the permission for expanding ammo not what you actually can shoot. However what you can shoot is listed next to the guns you have permission to shoot which in this case covers you for most things

This bit is what counts

This covers you for pretty much everything and reads much like Herts ones where they class foxes as vermin and don't list them. The .243 is fine for everything as you have the nice new condition. Then I'm guessing these have their own separate lines and cover you in a couple of other circumstances.