To stubborn or stupid.

ste eibar

Went out at 1pm yesterday. Set out on the corner of a rape field, 15 shell's and a couple of bouncer's. Been watching this spot on a few afternoon's out with the HMR.

it.s next to a sitty tree that they use 'seen them dropping on this corner regularly.

Got the hide up and deek's out.

It started to p*** down the second i sat down. Sat for 3 hour's in the rain, not a pigeon in the sky.

The only bird's that came near the deek's were two partridge and a lapwing.

When i got home soaked, cleaned my gun,got a shower the missus said were you to stuborn or to stupid to come home? :hmm:

I could'nt decide.

Make your own conclusion's. :good:

Edited by ste eibar

Went out at 1pm yesterday. Set out on the corner of a rape field, 15 shell's and a couple of bouncer's. Been watching this spot on a few afternoon's out with the HMR.

it.s next to a sitty tree that they use 'seen them dropping on this corner regularly.

Got the hide up and deek's out.

It started to p*** down the second i sat down. Sat for 3 hour's in the rain, not a pigeon in the sky.

The only bird's that came near the deek's were two partridge and a lapwing.

When i got home soaked, cleaned my gun,got a shower the missus said were you to stuborn or to stupid to come home? :hmm:

I could'nt decide.

Make your own conclusion's. :good:

Did exactly the same myself the other day up at Moorsley, had a bit spare time through the week,spare time as in sitting in a hide getting lashed on, not a pigeon to be seen :rolleyes: Rather do that though than sit in the house lol :good:

Andy

Got a drenching a fortnight back. It was the first rain for about 2 months during the day. I had enough bacca for 8 smokes, a full flask and a very sarcastic buddy. We shot nothing but it was the best afternoon out in ages. A woodpecker and numerous finches sort refuge in the tree above our hide for the worst of it also. It was magic.

Well i went back to the same spot today.

Only had two hour's spare before i had to take daughter to a dance comp.

Set up the same as yesterday. Nowt happend for a hour then two maggie's landed just behind my deek's shot one missed one. then about 15 pigeon's came in, I got two of them, [first time iv'e hit two for two.]Got another two single's after that, then had to go.

The daughter came third in her comp,so happy all round.

Not a great bag when i look at some on here, but it's my first year at the pigeon's. :good:

I spent the whole night and the following morning out fowling in the cold and wet sat in the slutch with leaky waders and hence wet feet. To cap that i injured my finger quite badly in the middle of the night and it actually needed an operation the following day. Shot one mallard early on and one teal at dawn, guess what i would do it all again though hopefully not the bit at the Hospital. its a darn site better than what i am doing right now anyhow :yes:

I think we have all been there and got the T Shirt. Trouble for most of us we have one day out now and again. Tomorrow may be another day but it’s not a decoying day. When its dead and nothing is happening best just sit back and enjoy the solitude and peace of the country. Usually the moment I relax and give up a pigeon drifts in and catches me completely unaware!

as long as im out and about in nice bit of farmland or woods, i dont care, i'll sit there for hours. happened few months back now, such little pigeon activity but still had brill day thanks to skylarks overhead, flask and jaffa cakes. ahhhh, simple things.