Confusion with my SGC

Right I applied for my SCG a few months back the FAO came for the interview before I'd installed my cabinet and told me that my certificate would be through within the next 5 weeks and once I'd notified them that I'd installed the cabinet they would be round to check in within the next 6 months as they were very busy and would do it on a day when there wern't more pressing matters to hand. However he did say that once my cabinet was installed I would be ok to put a gun in it prior to them checking it... Is this legal??? :hmm:

Yes it's ok. As long as the cabinet is installed properly it is up to them to come and check it. They will pull and shove it around to make sure it is safe and can't be crowbarred off the wall. You are acting on their advice and they are the law :)

there is no law stating that you need a gun safe all it says is that so no unauthourised person to get access to the gun or ammo. so if you live on your own by the law you could just put the gun under the bed out of sight and still be within the law as long as no one has ortherised accsess to yr bedroom wilst the house is locked and you are not there i know ill get slaterd for this but all i say is cheque the law out not what the flo as they nomaly make it up as thay go :good:

there is no law stating that you need a gun safe all it says is that so no unauthourised person to get access to the gun or ammo.

True enough, a friend has his shottie on the wall with a trigger lock which is fixed to the wall. It's in his dining room on the outside wall so not visible from outside. His FEO comes round and inspects and the last two times has said "I don't think you'll be able to keep it like that by the time I next visit", but it's still there and was inspected 18 months ago.

how meny gun shops have all there guns in safes or are thay on racks with a cable going thrugh triger gard :good:

In fairness RFD's are a different matter and have nutter alarms linked to police stations!

If your keeping a gun at home or with you while you are away (holiday, visit anything) it is your responsibility to keep them secure. General advice is in a cabinet at home and in parts while away!

In fairness RFD's are a different matter and have nutter alarms linked to police stations!

If your keeping a gun at home or with you while you are away (holiday, visit anything) it is your responsibility to keep them secure. General advice is in a cabinet at home and in parts while away!

lowmill ranges dont! they have almost 100 guns just on a big rack you can look over them have a fondle :blush: with out haveing to ask him to open the chain every time you want to look at a gun! its how every gun shop should be! its a bit disturbing thou when you find a half box of .22 subs on the counter or one on the floor of the club guys and think some fruit could fill a mag and let rip :blink: :blink: :blink:

lowmill ranges dont! they have almost 100 guns just on a big rack you can look over them have a fondle :blush: with out haveing to ask him to open the chain every time you want to look at a gun! its how every gun shop should be!

Its down to the Shop and local police some you have to buzzed in through the door going past 3 CCTV cams others you just walk in and have a mooch.

Venom sports shop was interesting there was a security guard on the outside of the door to the gun room who buzzed you in! (this was within a larger sports shop on the first floor!