my first stalk

camokid

:D:D hi all well i finally did i got my first roe :D:D

i managed to pick up a nice little pocket of land with some deer on a few weeks ago but due to the police being funny and only passing land on grants it hit a bit of a wall.

so i began to kick up a fuss, i have an open ticket on 17 and 223 but closed on 243 so out came windows word and a call to BASC later i had a nice letter saying what a joke it all was and if they wanted to check 25 permissions then thats up to them. i got it opened two days later!!!

so the stalk was on.

sunday came and two oclock in the morning i was in the car on my way to the land. i got there and after 45 min 5 fags two teas i was ready to start.

first to see was 3 badgers second was a muntjak doe thired was a fox i began to think it as gonna be a no show and i should have taken the munty and fox. i decided to move from my spot and take a mooch around the other fields i took one step and there he was stood right infront of me i would say around 60-70 yards i had a moment of wobbles then released a round.

he fell on the spot with a hit to the organs. to say i was chuffed is a under statement he is only a 5 point but a gold in my eyes. i sorted him there and then and on the way back to the car seen another nice buck and doe so more for another trip. i seen the farmer a hour later and he had put me on another farm to control the bunnies but also got permission to shoot the deer. :blink:.. its a hard life. thanks andy

Well done andy! I remember my first roebuck, beautiful creature, many more to come! You've done a nice job restoring that rifle! Was the hole the entry wound?

thanks mate im pleased with how the gun turned out just need a new scope.. and no thats the exit wound. thanks

Going up to Stockton on tees area...

A place called yarm..my uncle has a massive arrible farm about 1000 acres..

So going up there..as I've never done it before I'm being taken by a local gamekeeper to show me the ropes for the first few stalks...then lamping after dark on sat night...but I'll be in the barns with the air rifle in between things...

Going up to Stockton on tees area...

A place called yarm..my uncle has a massive arrible farm about 1000 acres..

So going up there..as I've never done it before I'm being taken by a local gamekeeper to show me the ropes for the first few stalks...then lamping after dark on sat night...but I'll be in the barns with the air rifle in between things...

oh ye i remember you saying now sounds like a good uncle to have. all the best mate keep me informed.

Well done mate, good shooting. Every morning when I wake up and see the boiled out head of the buck I got a few weeks ago, I get a shudder of excitement.

Hopefully that'll be the first of many for you now, well done once again.

Cheers, Cameron.