Recoil in Semi-auto's

flytie

Martin, I am interested in what you say about the Extrema as I thought they were only for hard core wildfowlers shooting 3 1/2" shells, will they really cycle with 24g shells? I know from reading the beretta catalgue that they fit a recoil damper in the stock as standard. I believe that this can be fitted to the Urika's too if requested. Thanks for the advice chaps this is really interesting good stuff :lol:

Regards, Flytie

If you're serious about Pigeon shooting, then forget about using a .410, a 20 bore or 24 gram loads in a 12 bore.

You're simply not getting enough lead into the air to guarantee CONSISTENT kills every time you pull the trigger.

The minimum load for Pigeon shooting should be considered as 30 gram, minimum shot size No 6.

Cat.

Lord Geordie,

Essex gun in Romford, £7.00 for 10 :oops: I have only fired 2 and they both hurt and are bloody loud.

Flytie,

Yes it will cycle 24g from the off. I normally use 28g but did try a box just to see. It is designed as a wildfowlers gun but it dioesn't mean you can't shoot clays with it.

Cheers

Martin

Martin, is yours the Extrema or Extrema 2 with the "kick off" system? This sounds very interesting although by the looks of the weights quoted in the catalogue they are very heavy! Around the 8lbs mark I believe, are you into masochism or do you employ a bearer?

Roe Doe, I have tried the Gamebore subsonics and they work quite well but not the shells you mentioned, I will look out for them.

From all the emails and posts I have seen or recieved the general concenus seems to be a 391 Urika field (not too heavy) with Optima chokes and a recoil system fitted (kickeze or kick off get the most votes). Now all I have to do is win the lottery and have it built :oops:

Regards, Flytie.

Martin, I played tight head, so I know what you mean :rolleyes: I will have to try one of the Extrema 2's as it will do all the rough stuff I am ever likely to do and clay's too!!!!!!!!! Will have to try before I buy though.

Regards, Flytie.