1. 1. What night suits you best?

• Monday 8th August
    • Monday 22nd August
    • Monday 12th September

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

parking is rubbish near the pub (and the wardens patrol right up to the 8pm bay time),

so i'd suggest parking in the Upton Ave open air car park - it's only 1 mins walk, or there's the Christopher Place underground car park on Upper Dagnall St (shuts at 11.30pm though).

unless you have a missus with a disabled badge then you can park on the double yellow lines outside the pub :lol: :lol:

now you know why i brought the wife along the last 2 times lol

colin

I could bring a couple back from Soho!

I wouldn't touch them with yours though Terry! :lol:

At my age, you would be lucky to find it!

The last time I was in that neck of the woods , a lady of the night got it out for me, and her words were-"what have we here? so!, ho ho ho ho ho maybe thats how the area got its name :lol::lol::lol:

Out 5am this morning to watch the Sun come up and see if i could bag another Munty for Monday night.

Was stalking along a dirt track with 4 hedge lines 50 yards apart and runing at right angles to the track when i spotted a big Buck about 130 yards away crossing from one hedge line to the next.

I got the gun up on the sticks but the Buck kept moving to the next hedge line giving me no time for the shot :/

I back tracked to the other side of the hedge line he just entered and waited the other side hoping he would show, sure enough he broke cover heading straight for the next hedge. My gun was already up and i tracked him across the open ground waiting for him to stop for a moment.

He had nearly reached the other side where i knew he would pause for a moment to check out the hedge for danger, BANG :shoot: down he went.

When i got up to him i saw what i fine animal he was with a great head on him, i then looked at the shot placement. Not good but at 130 yards and a split second to take the shot it was to be expected not to be spot on.

Anyway hes got a fine head and another for COLIN LAD to work his magic on :look:

Should any of you get a deer before Monday and it has very lttle meat damage it would be best to use yours than the one i have just got.

See you all monday :beer:

PELTY :good:

I was out at dawn this morning with the intention of harvesting a few bunnies, alas my rabbity permission is no longer rabbity :no:

So no rabbits from me, its down to you Beardo (no pressure) :lol: I'm out picking up this evening so could bring a canada or 2.

SS

i am sure Nick will come good so we have some bunnies to show off his butchery skill's

colin

Bummed out on the fallow guys, stalked 2 for over an hour before i could get close enough....both does!!! DOE!!! Then spotted a munty...disapearing into woods,Tried head shooting a hare but unfortuntely the .243 exploded it(ferrets are munching parts of it as i type)

Damn then to rub salt in the wound about a mile down the road had to stop for a bloddy huge fallow buck and 5-6 does to cross the friggin road in front of me,,,taking the p iss!!!!!

Sorry tried....couldnt do it on demand!!! :yp: :yp: :yp: :yp: :yp: :yp: :yp: :yp: :yp: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Edited by Evil Elvis