1. 1. What night suits you best?

• Monday 8th August
    • Monday 22nd August
    • Monday 12th September

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you could have had 4 roe does, we sat and watched them in the early morning sun, moved on after that and bumped into an OK 6 point buck unfortunately completely skylined. Waited for him to move off somewhere safer and he just melted into the woods. As is normal these days no muntjac, so the clear up operation seems to have been a complete success.

I could have provided the vegetables if you like, not sure if they edible but how about these for 'shrooms....

There is clothes peg on there to give an idea of scale.

IMAG0027.jpg

Haha, funnily enough I'm in the pub at the mo, they would love some Billy, I'll bell you.

I've just tried their home smoked pigeon breast on toasted ciabatta, with chicken liver pate and hedgerow jam. Bloody marvellous.

The meal next week will be £5 a head and it'll be 2 style of venison (slow cooked and rare) with veg.

Starters and desserts are available for extra.

menu for alternative meals, starters, desserts etc...

http://www.the-foragers.com/menus.html

the smoked pigeon specials starter i mentioned above is £6.50.

Right people, looking at the numbers it looks like enough to take over the pub for the night, so that means everyone can come.

what i need from you lot is a definite yes (and if you fancy some extra/alternative food, it would be really helpful to know what you want).

So if you are coming please send me a pm with your name and phone number - make sure the pm title is "Butchery night" so i can file them easier.

Current beers on tap are Bombadier, Youngs and Tring's Brookmans (named after the village next to mine!). Estrella lager (and some others).

Cider on tap is the rather dangerous Weston's Old Rosie

Do I need to tell you I'm in :huh:

After last nights dry run & the need to get some venison for the meal, prepare to have your eyes opened :yes:

Beardo, Pelty & myself have learnt a thing or two already, as for the butchers knot, I still need a bit of practice.

All those attending prepare yourselves for a bit of participation (think generation game) :lol: Don't worry Colin is providing knife proof gloves & stab vests :lol:

We need to provide at least 2 deer for the display, preferably head shot, skinned & hung for at least 3 days.

We'll be doing our best to provide the meat, but nothings guaranteed! so any other chaps attending with access to deer get your arrises out there.

Cheers to Colin top bloke :good: