Some gun pics from the States...

Norrie

Hiya, Just back from our hols S.California, and thought you'd be interested in some of the pics I took.

Stayed with family, and one of them, is really into shooting, but as per with lots of Americans, mainly range shooting..

Anyway, he took me to his range, in the middle of a Hansen Quarry...

http://www.p2krange.com/

He had two of his pistols, and three rifles for me to try, but i wanted more!!!! so hired a Klimber .45 Auto...amazing bit of kit....ammo was $23 for a box of 50 new factory rounds, so I had two!!! Gun hire was $10, and I'm now a life member too..:)

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

Then, had a try of his Ruger 9mm, a lovely little gun...

IMAG0173.jpg

Then the piece de resistance...his S&W .357 Magnum....what an absolutely gorgeous gun, and I even managed to hit the inner on the target at 25 yds with it...I found it much more accurate .....was told it was because of the longer barrel..

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

I also tried some of his rifles too...First up was the Ruger 14 Mini Gun in .223 and S/A too..lovely gun..but you go through some ammo with it, but at US prices, not the end of the world..

IMAG0176.jpg

Then the SKS 7.62 semi, a Chzec gun I think, and what the Vietcong used amongst others,..it has saw marks on it, asked why, and was told he'd taken the grenade launcher off it to save weight...it has one of those red dot sights on it. Got a bad pic of it being used so wont bother..:)Cost was $200 to buy second hand.

Last rifle was a lovely weapon...a Marlin "Cowboy Gun" in 30-30...new too, it cost him under $400 dollars...

IMAG0180.jpg

We did lots of other shooting, in the desert etc , went to Del mar race Course where the Gun Show was on...there was a big sale of M1 Carbines, and as they were over 50 years old, you could buy and walk...no waiting at all...it looked like a scene from Saving privat ryan, everyone and they're granny had one under their arm...:)...but wont bore you with that...AND, looking to go back next year ( April) to go shooting in the mountains...:)

Edited by Norrie

I remember the good old days when us British citizens were deemed responsible enough to own pistols. I had many different calibers, and my favourite ones were my Smith & Wesson 686 ,357 magnum, and Ruger Blackhawk .44 magnum.

Maybe one day, we will be allowed to own them again! :unsure:

Steve.

If you fancy a go,it's not too far to the IOM or Jersey.Plenty of folk travel to both places for their pistol shooting.

Seriously??? can you hire them like I did ?? that would be fantastic if you can...,..I can travel to IOM on the boat almost anytime I like, and would seriously consider it..:)

I remember the good old days when us British citizens were deemed responsible enough to own pistols. I had many different calibers, and my favourite ones were my Smith & Wesson 686 ,357 magnum, and Ruger Blackhawk .44 magnum.

Maybe one day, we will be allowed to own them again! :unsure:

Steve.

Unfortunately, I was deep into sea fishing, and lightly into airguns in those days...:( Wish i'd tried shooting proper way back in the day.....:(

Incidentley, I was up in the Californian mountains visiting my aun t and uncle where they live in a town called Julian....we were talking about my range shooting days out..he says matter of factly...I think I'll need to buy a .45 pistol.....I said why, he says, Mountain Lions go after the dogs regularly here, they have 4 of the ankle biter variety.... !!!!!!