Couple of hours fishing

bunny_blaster

I went fishing this evening for a couple of hours with gazyapp off here. Bit of a late start after pigeon shooting this morning. We had a reasonable day on the pigeons with around 30 shot and then headed to the river. I only managed one fish but it was my P.B Barbel. It weighed in at 10lb 9oz, caught on hair rigged worm.

Cheers

Ben

photo-5.jpg

Very nice fish mate, I think barbel are amazing fish. It is great getting a new PB isnt it. My barbel PB is 12lb 10oz and has been for about 15 years I do miss barbel fishing. But it was guns or rods and the guns won. As someone else said there are a lot of people that will never see a barbel that big in the flesh. Congrats again on the PB. Hopefully they'll keep getting bigger. :good::good::good::good:

crackin barbel bud,my pb barbel is an 8lb er off the trent close to where i live,i caught him at clifton weir pool,theres some right big slabs in there,ive seen em come out at just shy of 20 lb and 19 lb 1 oz ,a mate of mine has em out regular at 14 lb plus,and always on halibut pellet/meat.i got mine on quad maggot /size 14 hk.my mate wasnt best pleased that i caught him on maggot though :good: :good: if you ever want to fish the trent ,come over to nottm and ill put you right as to where to fish ok :good: :good:

nice fish mate,the river's round here ar'nt worth fishing anymore.the eastern europeans have eaten all the fish!! :sad1:

we have that problem as well bud(the polish etc )they drape a long net across one side of the weir to the other,and take whatever they get(cheeky morons)they cant understand why we put our fish back,and licence ,forget it .i only think they have ever heard of a kellogs licence(for those that do fish with rod and line),but environment agency gets last laugh,they caught a gang of them the other week(with nets)and fined them all £2000 each.good job as well as weve now got salmon jumping the weir