Lightforce battery multi-tasking

Ferret Master

Hello!

Got a Lightforce Striker on the way from rabbiter off here. The plan is to use it from a vehicle using the standard cigar plug and also on foot using my 12v magnet battery because I am a student who is far too tight to buy another battery set up.

Now, I am toying with various ideas on how to wire up the battery to the lamp without removing the male cigar head.

I was thinking something along the lines of THISinitially, however I'm certain the crocodile clips will be forever coming loose or moving. :oops: Would buying something like such as in the link above, removing the crocodile clips and attaching spade ends to pop on the battery be the best option in most peoples opinion? As that way I could unplug the lamp from the battery set up and still run it from a vehicle without having to butcher the cigar plug from the lamp.

Your thoughts please,

FM :)

here is how i do it and i got all my m8's to do it too so that if were are out and take a few batteries and lamps we can swap and change and whatever. its the easiest and quickest way to do it and no messing about and the connections are very secure. its on another thread with pictures of my lamping set up.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/164608-lightforce-problem/page__p__1396325__fromsearch__1#entry1396325

its quite simple you just buy 3 lightforce fag lighter adapters keep one as a faglighter adapter to use in the car. Bear the ends off of the lamp wrap them up or use electrical crimps like i have to join them together. cut the fag lighter ends off of 2 of the fag lighter adapters. bear the ends off of both join one to the ends of the lamp then crimp them together and tape up with black insulation tape. take the other one and crimp ends onto it with an eye in it and then secure them ends onto the battery with nuts and bolts through the eyes in the battery terminals then that will allow you to connect to each one very fast say when jumping out of the motor to run in to the field to retrieve shot quarry.

We use lawnmower/strimmer type connectors.

Available from most diy shops.Strong and durable.These wont come apart.

Simply ran a wire through to the battery with an inbuilt fuse,frees up your motors power socket and allows you to have as much wire as you want(simply wrap the excess up and hide under foot mat on passenger side)

This allows you to walk say 10yds from the motor too and if you need to go further,simply disconect lamp and attach it to a battery with same connector..Seeemples peeeps :good:

I use a kettle lead (from an old computer monitor etc.)

http://www.perrettcommunications.co.uk/WebRoot/GroupNBT/Shops/perrettcommunications_002E_co_002E_uk/4D5C/D2DC/746D/30FD/F5E4/0A0C/05E7/A81E/kettle_lead.jpg

They have a really solid connection and don't get hot like a cigar lighter, I hard wire them to my 4x4 battery and to my battery pack and buy the male fittings from maplins for a quid or so.