aya s/side

black hat

having just got a s/side 12 gauge shoty im a bit confused a bout the fact every one on here seems to be talking of chocks,being screwed in .am i right in thinking mine is set at ful +half chock,as nothing is screwed in end also are the 2 barels set up to hit the same point at a set distance or should i be shooting to one side to allowe for the barel being to one side for second shot

The barrels are set correctly, you just have to point them in the right direction.

No allowance is necessary.

It does seem as though you have fixed chokes, but they could be any combination.

Probably half and full, but any GunShop with a set of choke gauges can tell you for certain.

Try to get some practice on clays, that always helps me when I switch between o/u and sbs. ;) .

I have 2 AYA's, a no.4 and a no.3 3"magnum with beaveretail forend. The no.4 with 26" barrels, which I have only just accuired, (see sporting pics) is bored to a generous 1/4 and a generous 1/2 choke. The no. 3 which is a lot heavier with 30"barrels and is bored to 1/2 & 3/4 which I find suitable for foreshore flighting.

But dont let chokes bother you to much, I feel gun-fit is far more important. Also get used to using a cartridge you feel ok with, as some are faster than others. Check your patterns.

I have been using various AYA's for at least 25 years, my magnum being the first gun I purchased, and have yet to have one go wrong.

Do you know what model it is?

Enjoy your shooting. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
where do i find model no>??

good question.

i may be wrong BUT -- it goes on the style i think ie . engraving , grade of wood , case hardening etc

yeoman and no3 are the most common ones and no 2 and 4 are worth more , especially no 2 ,s .

look for some pics on the net AYA have a web site