HFT

fuzzypigeon

most use .177 the mtc scopes are good with the recital, learn to shoot from 8yrds to 50yrds and know your hold over and under including up in the trees ect, learn to shoot left and right handed pm me and i will try and put you in touch with a few friends that do it a hell of alot

HFT is 8-45yds with most targets between 12 and 35 yds.

Scope wise 40mm is as big a front obj as you want really, most set bewteen 6-8x mag.

.177 if you want to make it as easy as possible.

Single shot is easiest otherwise you need to remove the mag between lanes.

Zero at 35yds and aim dead on, you will drop more than not to start with :good:

Pack a sense of humour, and don't take it too seriously and you will really enjoy it.

Iv just started to give it a bash now, keeping light harted and good practise for hunting aswell as a good chance to get a bacon butty and a brew and a chat with like minded people.

You can use any airrifle you like in any cal aslong as its sub 12fpe. Most common is a PCP in .177 .

My advise is buy a multi shot and get a single shot tray for it as when you come to hunt the multi shot is a real handy thing so your not fiddling with pellets in the dark.

I havent done any comps and am not likely to, just a bit of friendly compition amongst mates !

:good:

Iv just started to give it a bash now, keeping light harted and good practise for hunting aswell as a good chance to get a bacon butty and a brew and a chat with like minded people.

You can use any airrifle you like in any cal aslong as its sub 12fpe. Most common is a PCP in .177 .

My advise is buy a multi shot and get a single shot tray for it as when you come to hunt the multi shot is a real handy thing so your not fiddling with pellets in the dark.

I havent done any comps and am not likely to, just a bit of friendly compition amongst mates !

Where do you go SS ??

Furnace Mill ! Over by kiddi. Small is crowd but a good one and a good bacon butty also. If your into fishing also then they have 3 ponds to fish also and Matt Hayes I belive fishes there alot ! So you have a morning fishing and an afternoon fishing !

Furnace Mill ! Over by kiddi. Small is crowd but a good one and a good bacon butty also. If your into fishing also then they have 3 ponds to fish also and Matt Hayes I belive fishes there alot ! So you have a morning fishing and an afternoon fishing !

but when do you shoot tho ::):):)

I organised the AAOC weekend there in April, with Harvey's help.

The most popular place we have been to so far, no great surprise though.

I hope to get back during the holidays if possible with a few of the chaps.

The blue nose has just had his SGC granted (god knows how!)so I don't know how much you will see of him, unless we can get Ed to put on a Compact sporting course ;-)

I zero at 24-26yards. haven't shot recently due to work commitments but it is great fun meeting like minded people and sharing few jokes ...

Shoot whatever calibre you like. there are .22 and .177 as well as springers.

if you haven't got a rifle then go for .177 A suitable scope would set you back 100-200quid. Falcon menace MP, Hawke sidewinder/panorama 1/2dot reticle type are the ones I use.

practice is most important specially range finding.

Hope it helps