3 Foxes yesterday

pixie

Went out last evening, set up at the edge of some bushes and waited. 20.00hours the 1st vix cub came out of nearby overgrown ground where I know from past experience there are dens. It stood and looked at me, 37yds but not for very long. A while later the Mother came along from the other side of the field . She disapeared into the treeline but a call on the caller bought her out and another call had her coming to me like an express train. No 2 in the bag. A bit later no 3, another vix cub came along the tree line from the far side and she joined the others.As I was packing up taking the photos a very irrate neighbour suddenly came charging through the sweet corn with his camera and took a photo of me. Shame I still had the camo mask on :rolleyes: I let him rant a bit as he was going to report me to the police etc then showed him the URN number on my hand and offered to give him the police telephone number so he could check :lol: He then went on about 2 other people he caught the other day shooting with a .22 and had spoken to the police about them and had a crime no. He was waiting for a return call on that one.I explained that everything I was doing was within the law,written permission, police informed,fox on my open ticket, farmer request because he will have sheep on the land, car parked on the land with access by key which I have.Then he went on about a wounded deer last year, 10 deer walking about this year and now there are only 2, perhaps the others have gone away? :rolleyes: Oh, he has a larsen trap in his garden but I suppose that's OK :hmm: I phoned the Farmer who was not ammused by this fellow and promptly went to visit him with his contract for the rental of the land which gives me permission via the farmer to do what I was doing. :good: The man did ask the farmer "what about shooting the pigeons in the field, they are eating the grass",no pleasing some folks.Let's hope that's the end of the matter although the farmer did thank him for reporting the other 2 poachers and he will be taking it up with the police.Oh well today is another day and the farmer mentioned he has lots of crows at his farm so I said I will visit tomorrow.

post-12946-0-58730000-1310464600.jpg

me and my mate had the same one day when out ferreting a river bank a women came out shout and screaming that we was not allowed to to want we were doing and the farmer was stood watching.Nice shooting

Edited by david84h