selling and bying another gun

ive sold an anschutz .22 semi auto a few month ago and did all the informing legal requirements and im now in a possision to by a new gun i only have one slot for .22 semi that the anschutz was taking and ive been told to aquire a .22 semi i need to have a variation surely i dont need to have that done if im selling then buying the same cal and same action etc as my old gun that ive got the slot on my fac. does annyone know if this is true?

yes to buy a replacment you need to send a veriation off to open up the slot i know its a pain im in the proses at the minuet thay told me 2 weeks its now been 3.the system is a wast of time and mony but its the way it has to be untill they change the way it done

ive sold an anschutz .22 semi auto a few month ago and did all the informing legal requirements and im now in a possision to by a new gun i only have one slot for .22 semi that the anschutz was taking and ive been told to aquire a .22 semi i need to have a variation surely i dont need to have that done if im selling then buying the same cal and same action etc as my old gun that ive got the slot on my fac. does annyone know if this is true?

YES you do, it's commonly referred to as a 1 for 1, but call it what you want, you need a variation if you do not have an existing free slot! :yes:

How long back did you sell.....a few month ago??, I think you will need to talk to your Firearms Dept, if it was a while back you may have to apply for another grant, rather than a 1 for 1.

Talk to your region! :yes::yes::yes:

Edited by Dekers

I have just clarified this exact situation with my FO as I'm thinking of up-grading my .17.

The process is that first you sell your existing gun, send in the notification PLUS your FAC AND

an application form for a variation within the usual 7 days.

If you have notified them of your sale a while ago then you may be OK to send your FAC and the Variation application.

If they are happy then all's well, if not they will soon let you know.

On the other hand, a phone-call would help you even more.

Good luck with it anyway.

GH

If you had sent your fac in for a 1 for 1 when you sold your semi auto it would have been free. Ive just had one done (Durham) and it was turned around in less than 24hrs. If you are very very lucky it still may be free as a 1 for 1, but after a few months I very much doubt it :good: