Kent Shooting Grounds

Flashman

A colleague is keen to start clay shooting and wants to take some lessons in order to get the basics right.

Can anybody suggest decent grounds/instructors in and around Sevenoaks? We went to the West Kent Shooting Ground: it's alright but surrounded by scrap metal sites and has the whiff of ***** about it.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

Just go with the nearest shooting school that's got an accredited instructor - for a newbie the first couple of lessons are just about making sure there's not going to be an eye dominance problem, gun mount and not blowing your or your friends' toes off.

Getting to a respectable level thereafter is just about hours out with a gun and the volume of clays shot.

West Kent won an award for the best shooting school in the South East recently. I've been going there for some years and having shot at most of the kent grounds, I would have to say that IMHO it is the nicest ground around. If you're in Sevenoaks, it is probably also your nearest.

On the downside, it isn't the cheapest, but they have some good instructors (Mick is a good instructor to use), and the staff are always friendly, and most days of the week its fairly quiet. Just check their website to make sure that they haven't got any corporate/competition days on if you're going without booking.

If I were in your shoes it would be West Kent Shooting School it is a CPSA Premier Plus ground and all their instructors are CPSA qualified. The facilities are first class and you won't find a ***** on the ground. Ring them and talk to Gillian about lessons, she's the owner.

West Kent is not ***** in any way. It is the cleanest, tidiest ground in the South East. I had two lessons there with Mick Meggs who improved my shooting no end.

I agree with the other posters, West Kent and Dartford are best options for Sevenoaks. Both have great targets, and share the same instructors.

West Kent is a cracking little ground & beautifully presented. It's proffessionally run & clearly geared up for the corporate market. Great place to learn, just don't expect the targets to change. I've been there off and on over the past 7 years & some of the stands are still the same!!!