Fac wording change

bornfree

Just got my fac renewal back and the wording has changed from [the 243 rifle moderator and ammunition shall be used for shooting fox and zeroing-----------] to [the 243 rifle moderator and ammunition shall be used for shooting fox and any other lawful quarry and zeroing---------] i never asked for the change or is this now standard.

bornfree

Just got my fac renewal back and the wording has changed from [the 243 rifle moderator and ammunition shall be used for shooting fox and zeroing-----------] to [the 243 rifle moderator and ammunition shall be used for shooting fox and any other lawful quarry and zeroing---------] i never asked for the change or is this now standard.

bornfree

I have a new FAC for a .243+Mod and it is worded very close to yours, so that might be the case.....I am sure a few will reply this weekend. :lol:

TEH

bornfree

I have a new FAC for a .243+Mod and it is worded very close to yours, so that might be the case.....I am sure a few will reply this weekend. :lol:

And dont tap the button twice!!

TEH

Edited by The Essex Hunter

bornfree

they have widened the scope if anything (any other lawful quarry).

Who knows...badger? ...should the English cull not get turned over???

:unsure:

bornfree

Absolutely NOT, there are still regions that flatly refuse this wording (even though ACPO agreed it about 3 years ago).

Be grateful, it is excellent wording, and all encompassing! :good:

Absolutely NOT, there are still regions that flatly refuse this wording (even though ACPO agreed it about 3 years ago).

Be grateful, it is excellent wording, and all encompassing! :good:

Spot on reply and as said above be gratefull you have that wording on your fac as my region (Durham) and many others point blank refuse to follow ACPO and grant this condition. :good:

bornfree

As has been stated in other threads "any other legal quarry" has been interpreted as meaning the named species and any "lesser" species??

Yet Deer is lawful quarry to be shot with a 243 and substantially "larger" then fox

Ian.

As has been stated in other threads "any other legal quarry" has been interpreted as meaning the named species and any "lesser" species?? Yet Deer is lawful quarry to be shot with a 243 and substantially "larger" then fox

Ian.

Chap, just what are you suggesting, there is NOTHING in the wording that suggests lessor, it says .... AND ANY OTHER LAWFUL QUARRY ...that means exactly what it says, and has been confirmed by my Firearms Region, there is nothing to interpret! Any means ANY, it does not mean lessor!

If they wanted it to mean lessor then it would read ....AND ANY LESSOR LAWFUL QUARRY!

Edited by Dekers

Chap, just what are you suggesting, there is NOTHING in the wording that suggests lessor, it says .... AND ANY OTHER LAWFUL QUARRY ...that means exactly what it says, and has been confirmed by my Firearms Region, there is nothing to interpret! Any means ANY, it does not mean lessor!

If they wanted it to mean lessor then it would read ....AND ANY LESSOR LAWFUL QUARRY!

Woah Dekers slow down buddy!

I am just quoting someone elses intrepretation my friend the way i see it is just the same as you, "all other legal quarry" means quarry that can be legally shot with the calibres i have, which in my case means everything but alas Northants refuse to use this wording and each individual species has to be listed. :angry:

TB.