Not looking good

fenboy

After waiting in anticipation for weeks , the only rape on my small permission has now been harvested , its been done 3 days now and as yet I have not seen a pigeon on it or over it :no: .

So it looks like my one glimmer of hope for some decent shooting this year has gone out of the window ,which I must say is quite depressing :sick:

Had several hundred acres of rape to shoot last year, not a bloody thing and between us we had a look at the fields or attempted to shoot them more or less every day. Used to virtually be guaranteed some good days on rape but hasn't happened for the last few years. :unsure:

Mind you harvest next week so we live in hope!! :rolleyes:

Edited by JR1960

After waiting in anticipation for weeks , the only rape on my small permission has now been harvested , its been done 3 days now and as yet I have not seen a pigeon on it or over it :no: .

So it looks like my one glimmer of hope for some decent shooting this year has gone out of the window ,which I must say is quite depressing :sick:

I'm the same, hundreds of acres of swathed rape, got picked up recently, went out last night and had nothing. Birds passing over at supersonic speeds, but not stoppping for the deeks.

My rape stubble is being funny all my mates try to shoot theres the day after its cut but if i do this i shoot nothing ,leave it 4 or 5 days and i can make a bag give it a few weeks and can really make a bag .

Birds feeding first light till 10am then back around 3pm onwards :yes:

My rape stubble is being funny all my mates try to shoot theres the day after its cut but if i do this i shoot nothing ,leave it 4 or 5 days and i can make a bag give it a few weeks and can really make a bag .

Birds feeding first light till 10am then back around 3pm onwards :yes:

Yes, I've read that before, any ideas why that is?

let the fields build up with pigeons, then go have a go at them.i will try in 5 days time now its been cut.

unfortunately that is not a option for me as I can be pretty certain that if I left it 5 days it would be shot by somebody else <_<