Cz WMR

bornfree

I bought a 2nd hand cz WMR last week,i set up some targets at 50 and 100 yards to check zero,the 40g shot about 1 1/4 at 50 and 3" at 100. the 33g shot 1" at 50 and 2" at 100 so not good, tried with the the mod off no difference,checked the barrel clearence its suppose to be floating but it was touching when on the bipod so i checked the action to stock screws, when i tightened the front screw the barrel hit the stock even more, the action was rocking in the stock so thought a bedding job is needed.so now with the stock bedded with devcon the screws tightened and a free floating barrel i tried again absolutely no difference.rechecked everything could see no cause of the problem.the next day i tried again i took my sako finnfire along to see if it was me or the gun,had about 25shots with the sako at 50yards it was shooting as normal between 1/2and 3/4" so i tried the cz again but this time i had left the magazine at home by mistake so had to single load.the transformation was amazing at 50yards the 40g shot cloverleaf groups the 33g 1/2"at 100yards the 40g 1" and 33g 1 1/4". i dont know to be pleased that the rifle shoots well or annoyed about all the work for nothing.

bornfree

I have had 2 x CZ American .22WMR.

My first loved the 40g CCI, my latest is not so keen (perhaps a bit more barrel use and it will change, about 1000 so far) it rates the 30g of almost everything.

My first was cut to 16", my latest I had cut to 19".

Whatever, neither were as tight as the HMR but BOTH are MUCH more accurate than the world seems to suggest!

This is the latest, I had it tidied up a bit....

I like my HMR for sure, but the WMR just gives me a feeling of confidence.

ATB!

PS

..and for those that have an issue, YES, it's a SAK on the end of it, and it works! :good::good:

post-20848-0-43628200-1311970321.jpg

Edited by Dekers

sometimes the bulet can be deformed on loading from a magazine which may have caused your problem. think it is a fairly easy fix...sure someone with a bit more knowledge will be able to explain and give advice.

at least you know it isnt the gun now it shoots manually loaded rounds ok...

atb

I too have a Cz .22WMR with a 21" barrel and it absolutely lurves Hornady 30gr V-MAX rounds,I did have a SAK on it for ages with NO problems,I now have an A-Tec CMM4 rimfire mod,that's very quiet.

Alan :)

My cz has an A-tec mod on it i didnt think it was quiet until i shot it inside without the mod.big difference.i will try some Hornadys.

bornfree

Unfortunately not i was inside a 330ft x 60ft shed with the doors closed.

bornfree

I first zeroed my WMR (no mod) in a 100yd pipe range on a Sunday morning. The previous day I'd tuned the car, leaving the slow running adjustment 'til later. Took a run out on Sunday afternoon and stopped after a quick burst to give the engine a final tweak. Opened the bonnet and ....nothing, couldn't hear a damned thing. Finally managed it on the Tuesday.

Have you tried it with the mag in again yet?

I first zeroed my WMR (no mod) in a 100yd pipe range on a Sunday morning. The previous day I'd tuned the car, leaving the slow running adjustment 'til later. Took a run out on Sunday afternoon and stopped after a quick burst to give the engine a final tweak. Opened the bonnet and ....nothing, couldn't hear a damned thing. Finally managed it on the Tuesday.

Have you tried it with the mag in again yet?

No the long sheds have all been filled with day old ducks now.but we have some 70meter ones empty so i can try it at that range.i have checked the bullets after loading with the mag and they look fine its a mistery.i have shot a few rabbits with it hand loading and its fine got one at 118yards.

bornfree

Well i had another go today.4 types of ammo Hornady 30g remington 33g CCI 40g gamepoint and CCI 40g maxi-mag hp.shot at 90 yards an odd range but its the furthest i could get inside.the CCI's both shot the best 3/4" the hornady 1" and rem 1 1/4" all with the mag. it shoots its best with a clean bore after about 20 shots the accuracy drops off.i think that was my original problem i was treating it like a .22lr which i rarely clean.i collected a few of the bullets most of them are in one piece i will try to post some pictures.

bornfree

I am on my second CZ WMR and whilst I cannot get it to group QUITE as tight as the HMR, whatever I do or ammo I use, I remain amazed at those that suggest the WMR is not accurate.

Under 1" at 100 yards, with the right ammo, and for a rimfire and it intended quarry NOTHING argues with that.

Cleaning is another area altogether which has been covered a lot, and YES the WMR and HMR need cleaning a LOT more than the .22lr, but still not like centrefires!

ATB!

Edited by Dekers

Well i had another go today.4 types of ammo Hornady 30g remington 33g CCI 40g gamepoint and CCI 40g maxi-mag hp.shot at 90 yards an odd range but its the furthest i could get inside.the CCI's both shot the best 3/4" the hornady 1" and rem 1 1/4" all with the mag. it shoots its best with a clean bore after about 20 shots the accuracy drops off.i think that was my original problem i was treating it like a .22lr which i rarely clean.i collected a few of the bullets most of them are in one piece i will try to post some pictures.

bornfree

Bullet pictures post-24254-0-93991300-1312711077.jpg not much difference in expansion but i was shooting into a 24" wide bale of chopped straw, all the bullets went through and hit the wall behind.

bornfree