630 yard rabbit with 6.5x47

Si-Bore

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shooting Si-bore, keep it up mate there are a lot of people on this forum who need educating as to what a modern rifle is capable of.

Ian.

here here,makes me want to go out and buy a video camera just to shut the doughters up who aint got a clue,but then without them "telling you its wrong and cant be done" the site would soon become boring

here here,makes me want to go out and buy a video camera just to shut the doughters up who aint got a clue,but then without them "telling you its wrong and cant be done" the site would soon become boring

Ackley,

Once i have built my 22BR i shall be investing in cam-corder ready for early next spring :)

Ian.

Hi Si.

Are you open for requests?

There was a post on here some time ago about a 700+ yard rabbit.

The gauntlet is down for you to do this if you accept the challenge. :good:

I'm sure you can do it.

I'm heading out on Sunday so I'll see what the conditions are like. ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

Si, As your taking requests....... Do you have a HMR if so can we see some long range shooting with that also ? :good:

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt

I did have a HMR but replaced it with a .17 Remington (and a 22LR for the big clean-up jobs ;) ). I prefer to reload my own ammunition so that I can achieve far greater accuracy than factory ammunition can offer. The HMR for consistent kills I would limit it to perhaps 150 yards max in sub 10mph winds. It is not a calibre I would be shooting at longer ranges with as there is inconsistencies in the ammunition (I discovered this by testing many rounds at targets along with my friend John who also had a HMR) . My .17 Remington (which is a centrefire) using 25g Vmax bullets can take rabbits cleanly out to 400 yards in moderate winds.

Cheers,

Si

Si,

Are you ex-military by any chance ?...if so good shooting :P

If your self taught, thats superb shooting and all credit to you :D:D:D

Thanks for the confidence mate. I am non-military mate. I've been shooting for 6 years total and like most started with an air rifle for the first 3 years. Had a HMR for a year and last 2 years with a centre-fires and reloading.

Cheers,

Si

Thanks for the confidence mate. I am non-military mate. I've been shooting for 6 years total and like most started with an air rifle for the first 3 years. Had a HMR for a year and last 2 years with a centre-fires and reloading.

Cheers,

Si

Si, you are being too modest. Come on.... how did you get that good? At 150 meters I can see the effect of my heart rate in the scope.