HW80K

will1992

nothing really wong with them, but you should have asked this BEFORE buying the rifle!!!!!!! other wise you might regret it, i thin you were told before to go along to a club and see what others are shooting, i have only ever seen one HW80 at the club and that was only being used to make sure it still worked.

I have no idea when they were released in this country, but there have been a lot of imporvments over the years to other air rifle designes, not too sure about the price of a new hw80 but i think its close to the same price as a TX200. The HW80 kicks like a mule is a bit of the long side (even worse if you want it silenced!!!!) accuracy wise though it shouldnt let you down.

but on the up side it will last you years and somehting you really can grow into B)

top of the list if you were after a break barrel should have been the HW98/95 a much more refined rifle and slightly lighter for when your lugging it round the fields, both are the same action with the 98 having a shrouded barrel and an adjustable stock.

all the best and let us knw how you get on with it :good:

ROB :good:

Iv just bought a new weihrauch hw80k iv found it really great rifle so far.I just want to know what everyone thinks of them and what pellets you find is most accurate in them?

Cheers guys,

Will :blush:

Hi will,

dont be put off by the replies about should have got this one or should have got that one there

is nothing wrong with the 80 it is and was intended to be a work horse, one thing for sure is it will last you a life time. Accuracy is supperb but you must take time practicing, get used to the feel, the way you hold the rifle will make differences. When i bought mine it cost me £89 i sold it some years ago and regret it. so yes i have experience with them. HW80..HW77..HW35e

As for puting a mod on yes ok it may make a bit of difference, but in my opinion not that much

oh sorrry forgot

pellets i used eley wasps.. they were the dogs danglies years ago

Edited by Dougy

bottle caps form 50 yards i smell something.... and will you should have looked around before you spend your cash you may find it alittle heavy compared to you old bsa

steve :blush:

Steve Just because you are not capable of something doesnt meen others are as well. It can be done ive seen it done what the **** do i have to gain by lying? :good:

Nice to see we are getting along nicely again :blush:

Try a few pellets to see which work best. A good place to start is the H&N Field Target. When I rang Hull Cartridge about my old HW57 they said the HW barrells like them.

But don't take my word for it get a "pellpax" and try 'em all :good:

I concur with the H&N i have use the FTT in all my guns and they perform WELL indeed.

I know someone who owns one of the FIRST HW80s and it si STILL going now after he had a new spring etc fitted end of last year he took a new interest in it and it has counted for MANY a rabbit and pigeon :good:

If you look after it there is NOTHING saying it wont last you a lifetime.

Nice guns and IMHO one of the FINEST springers out there :blush:

LG

:blush:

The seed of Doubt can be a powerful thing. Try to find a mental weed killer for it as it can drive people to distraction through life.

You NEED to trust people more so FRIENDS through your life and if someone gets a feeling of YOUR distrust of THEM then it makes for a nasty confrontation :ermm:

Personally i beleive it as I have seen a guy in his 60s at the shooting club I attend hitting drop down targets with every shot with a springer and OPEN SIGHTS :good:

He wasted me and I had a 6-18X50AO scope on my gun :lol:

LG

When I had my first rifle a .22 Airsporter, my mate Stu had the HW80. I thought it was ****! I couldn't hit a barn door with it! but then the barrel used to slop about! Stu on the other hand could hit a bottle top at 30 yards every time and probably wouldn't have been far off at 50 yards. Some people are just good shots and can get used to anything!

Wouldn't say it'll last your life time having used Stu's but maybe he'd abused it in some way?

The important thing is practice. Try different pellets. Find the way you hold the riffle best this is very important and you'll find you get on differently with different riffles. Try zeroing the riffle at 25 yards and see if you can consistently get your shots under a 10p piece then try a target at 30 yards and see if the extra distance effects your grouping if it does you have an idea of what range to hunt within if not then you can try re-zeroing the rifle at 30 yards if it needs it.

Before buying your next riffle read reviews and ask on here first! You'll never read a bad review in the magazines so best to ask people who have actualy owned a particular gun before buying.

Good luck with it anyway. :blush: