First PCP Air Rifle

AndyElectro

Hello!

I was wondering if anybody could suggest a decent PCP air Rifle preferably in .22 but open to suggestion on .177. I currently share an SMK x17 with a 3-9x40 scope with my Father-in law which is absolute bum (technical term there :P ). We've not even put a full tin through it yet and we both hate it. Cheap wood, cheap metal parts and it can't put more than 1 pellet on the same spot.I want to branch out into something packing a bit more punch with much better accuracy and reliability.

Currently able to shoot on farmer friends' land for bunnies, magpies, crows and woodies.

Problem is though, my budget is max £325 and I understand that PCP pumps are about £100 too!

Due to my meagre budget 2nd hand would probably be on the cards and have looked at Brands such as BSA, Air Arms and Hatsan

Thanks!

:)

Edited by AndyElectro

I would suggest second hand AAS200,

For example see link.. http://www.gunwatch.co.uk/guns/1360-Air-Arms-S200-for-sale

You should be able to find one including pump for your budget.

Thanks Good Shot, have actually seen this ad earlier today seems like a nice piece of kit and have read up on the S200, seem very popular

AAS200 are good but if you can stretch your budget a bit go for an AAS400 or better still an AAS410(a multi-shot version of the AAS400).

nice one guys heard AA are respectable S200 looks like a good option. I'm guessing from what I've seen though that the S200 is not multi shot and only SS?

Love to be able to stretch to the S410 but the missus would skin me alive and wear me as a coat if she found out. :lol:

EDIT: Actually noticed that the link a few posts above have been converted to MS and with the pump considered this seems like quite a good deal as the gun alone is £300+ normally. Have sent PM asking a few Q's that the ad doesn't answer

Edited by AndyElectro

Let her skin you alive!!Really try to stretch your budget and get a AAS410!The S410 is arguably one of best PCP rifle ever produced!

The S200 is a single shot but you can get an optional mag system for it.

It is a lovely gun it must be said, as above I've asked for more info on a S200 advertised in the sales thread as seems to be ok for value if I can get it reduced by a couple of £ as comes with pump and scope.

nice one guys heard AA are respectable S200 looks like a good option. I'm guessing from what I've seen though that the S200 is not multi shot and only SS?

Love to be able to stretch to the S410 but the missus would skin me alive and wear me as a coat if she found out. :lol:

EDIT: Actually noticed that the link a few posts above have been converted to MS and with the pump considered this seems like quite a good deal as the gun alone is £300+ normally. Have sent PM asking a few Q's that the ad doesn't answer

AAS200 in link I posted has multi shot and if it is as described is just a bit high in price IMO.(ask age and has it been chronographed recently and is it A/T) The 200 by all reports is a cracking air rifle,I have a single shot s400 and I love it.I almost got S200 but S400 came up first.If you ask for serial No & email to Air Arms they will tell you date of manufacture.

Good luck.. :good:

ps. let us know how you get on..

Edited by Good shot?

AAS200 in link I posted has multi shot and if it is as described is just a bit high in price IMO.(ask age and has it been chronographed recently and is it A/T) The 200 by all reports is a cracking air rifle,I have a single shot s400 and I love it.I almost got S200 but S400 came up first.If you ask for serial No & email to Air Arms they will tell you date of manufacture.

Good luck.. :good:

ps. let us know how you get on..

So far been told that it was bought in 2005 as new, not sure about chronographed but he did say it has not been serviced. Quite right this gun is M/S and comes with scope and pump, since this is an older model I agree that the price is slightly over even with a pump included. Will let you know how things get on

EDIT: :blink:

Just seen both s400 Carbine & s400 classic on sale for £350 ono (classic also comes with bi-pod,sling in addition to scope), however no Pump and no Multi Shot on either of the guns, is this still worth it in order to have a more hi-spec model than the s200? please respond ASAP! help appreciated! :hmm:

Edited by AndyElectro

So far been told that it was bought in 2005 as new, not sure about chronographed but he did say it has not been serviced. Quite right this gun is M/S and comes with scope and pump, since this is an older model I agree that the price is slightly over even with a pump included. Will let you know how things get on

EDIT: :blink:

Just seen both s400 Carbine & s400 classic on sale for £350 ono (classic also comes with bi-pod,sling in addition to scope), however no Pump and no Multi Shot on either of the guns, is this still worth it in order to have a more hi-spec model than the s200? please respond ASAP! help appreciated! :hmm:

As your post says your budget is limited it is your choice, personally & with a mind to your stated budget I would make an offer on the S200 as I don't think you would go wrong bearing in mind your useage requirements.

In response to your question Andy,-it really depends if you want a Multi-Shot rifle or not?Looking at the price of the AAS400's it depends what scope is for sale with the rifle?You don't not want to purchase the S400 is there's a cheap be nasty scope on it as you may need to purchase another scope,and this will exceed your budget

If your not bothered by having a single shot gun then the look of the S200 seems a good buy especially as it's for sale with a charging pump!

Any more I can help you with mate PM me!

ATB Andy.

In response to your question Andy,-it really depends if you want a Multi-Shot rifle or not?Looking at the price of the AAS400's it depends what scope is for sale with the rifle?You don't not want to purchase the S400 is there's a cheap be nasty scope on it as you may need to purchase another scope,and this will exceed your budget

If your not bothered by having a single shot gun then the look of the S200 seems a good buy especially as it's for sale with a charging pump!

Any more I can help you with mate PM me!

ATB Andy.

Hi fellas, thanks for the responses, the scope is an AGS 3-9x50 with flip ups. As mentioned also comes with swivel sling, bipod and silencer. Seems like a decent deal and one of the newer models too (2 years old)thinking of going for that one as also £45 cheaper

Hi Andy ,for goodness sake dont rush into this especially with a limited budget .Ther are some real bargains cropping up all over the place at the moment and it really is just a case of waiting for the right one to pop up and getting in there early.Keep an eye on all the usual forums and sites .Heres a couple and good luck mate .

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Default.aspx

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/

http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index.php?

http://www.shootforum.com/forum/index.php?sid=e0e5f56e51a9dbc416f01e89c6a45b60