• Remington
    • Savage
    • Ruger
    • Winchester
    • Howa
    • Tikka 595
    • Other

what is the rifle for?

if i was on a budget (which i am) i would get a Howa (if you can actually get hold of one)

if i was after a bench/target gun, then i would get a RPA

if i was after a general gun but with no budget i would get a sako 75 before the key system was introduced.

Nick, I understand your point abbout the key system, it is a waste of time but to be honest, you never ever notice it in use and its impossible to lock it by accident. It took me a minute to remember i have one on mine, its that unobtrusive.

Frank, trying to start a popularity contest? lol. I would vote but i dont actually own a .223 myself even though i use loads of guns owned by other people. If you wanna start a poll just for brands Ill vote, Sako, Tikka, Remington, Savage.

yeh but it dosent look so nice in my opinion, and im a bit of a tart when it comes to my guns :blush:

Nick, I understand your point abbout the key system, it is a waste of time but to be honest, you never ever notice it in use and its impossible to lock it by accident. It took me a minute to remember i have one on mine, its that unobtrusive.

Frank, trying to start a popularity contest? lol. I would vote but i dont actually own a .223 myself even though i use loads of guns owned by other people. If you wanna start a poll just for brands Ill vote, Sako, Tikka, Remington, Savage.

Not at all Fister :blush: , im just trying to find out how many .223s are out their and what makes.

Looks like CZ is not too behind ha. :good::lol:

As you Frank I have the CZ and can't fault it as a tool, it was bought as a 'cheap' gun to mess about with, but if I was buying one as my main rifle - I would try and find an M595, T3's are Ok but they ain't the classic they replaced . . .

I agree Stuart, i would love to get my hands on a M595. :ermm:

I have owned sako & Tikka and I learned to shoot with a remington, good guns for me anyday, dont know much about the Howa, they look good but I have no experience. had a CZ, wouldnt have another again.

My pal has a Ruger which he has found very good and a mate has a savage 22-250 which he likes a lot. I rarely seem to see winchesters but they are always reported as good, shame they wont be in good supply with the factory going.