song birds

king ratcatcher

Sorry, tried to edit the last post twice and it all went somewhere wierd.

Different birds feed their young on different stuff.

Some do insects, others grubs and others seeds.

Pigeons chew up the seeds and sick it up in a paste to feed their young. Its called pigeon milk but it aint milk.

You need to tell us what kind of songbird it is if we are going to help

Hi,

Whole peanuts can be a problem but peanuts taken out of a small meshed wire feeder are fine. :angry: We have 2 very busy robins who are obviously nesting nearby who are always in the garden getting seed for their young. We always have some bread scattered in the garden as well but as I speak a very fat woodpigeon is annoying me beyond belief and waddling around the garden eating it all. It does have young though in the conifer in the garden so it is safe. I am thinking about getting some meal worms from a pet shop to feed the birds this time of year because they are ideal for young birds. I am going to use a feeder that has a bowl at the bottom to hold them but also has a lid to preven them getting wet and crawling out or drowning in the rain.

Hope this helps. :angry:

FM :good:

Boiled eggs mashed up, mealworms, soaked dog biscuits, waxworms and crickets is what I'm feeding a dozen rooks I'm hand rearing for part of my degree. They're not complaining :angry: (and yes I do have a license for this).