My finished knife with pics...

gibby

After a long time of looking at the wood and not wanting to ruin in, i pulled my finger out and plucked up the courage to start my knife. Below are the finished pics.. and i am very pleased with the results. Have already picked my next blade and going to start another quite soon. :angry:

Cheers

Gibby

Rear side, bit plainer but still nice

Handle

Wood

post-1764-1146684002.jpg

post-1764-1146684186.jpg

post-1764-1146684215.jpg

post-1764-1146684246.jpg

Edited by gibby

Nice Job Gibby....

There is nothing like making your own country tools whether its knifes or sticks or floats or flies.

My late gramp was ex Army Cavalryman, worked around horses all is life when he came out he was a farrier, his old trade.

He made me a damascus knife blade with a yew burr and polished limestone handle. The collar was sterling silver and engraved with my name.

He presented it to me for my 16th Birthday.

I lost that knife on a fishing trip in Oxfordshire in 1982 and it broke my heart.

Ive been back to that Gravel Pit more than 50 times over the years, and scoured the banks with a metal detector on several occassions but ive never found it.

Ive never regreted many things in my life, but that still twists me up even now im 47.

If I could have one wish.... it would be to find that knife before I shuffle of this mortal coil.

Cheers,

FM.