geese showing

peejay

had a walk round my pond that i feed yesterday . first time i took gun this season, usually leave it a while, as neighbour wanted to try a "wild duck", not the ones that supermarket sell lol... happy to see about 20 flighting about but left them. this mallard came on own just as light was fading so took it.. on leaving the pond i heared geese.. there was about 50 heading towards me so stood behind bush and they came straight at me.. only 20 feet above me and.. CLICK! bottom barrel misfire,, got this with top one though..

post-783-0-61479400-1315172715.jpg

Edited by peejay

I thought it depending on the county?

The shooting of wildfowl on Sundays is illegal in some counties:

Counties in England and Wales in which there is no Sunday shooting of schedule 2 part I birds. Anglesey; Brecknock; Caernarvon; Carmarthen; Cardigan; Cornwall; Denbigh; Devon; Doncaster; Glamorgan; Gt. Yarmouth (County Borough); Isle of Ely; Leeds (County Borough); Merioneth; Norfolk; Pembroke; Somerset; Yorkshire (North Riding); Yorkshire (West Riding).

Game for the purposes of this section means pheasant, partridge, red grouse, black grouse and hare.

No game may be killed or taken in any county on Sunday or Christmas Day.

Before the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 orders prohibiting the shooting of wildfowl on Sundays were made under sections 2 and 13 of the Protection of Birds Act 1954. Those still in existence are in the following counties (or parts of counties in existence before the 1974 local authority re-organisation):

Anglesey, Brecknock, Caernarvon, Carmarthen, Cardigan, Cornwall, Denbigh, Devon, Doncaster, Glamorgan, Great Yarmouth County Borough, Isle of Ely, Leeds County Borough, Merioneth, Norfolk, Pembroke, Somerset, North and West Ridings of Yorkshire.

...no mention of Goose, so thats fine. :D:D

sorry- forgot to add for the keyboard warriors- they were shot with my 12 bore o/u on firearms license.. is that legal?

There's no need for the attitude people were just making sure you understood the regulations and laws to wildfowl shooting and i guess showing genuine concern but yea whatever act like a childish idiot.

There's no need for the attitude people were just making sure you understood the regulations and laws to wildfowl shooting and i guess showing genuine concern but yea whatever act like a childish idiot.

thats from a 19 year old.. full of experience..........

thats from a 19 year old.. full of experience..........

No that's from an 18 year old who has more sense than to post witty and crude comments on an internet forum and depending on the experience you are talking about if you are referring to knowledge on shooting and the law then yes, i would consider myself quite experienced. Honestly using someones age to justify being immature :good: Have some respect for the PW community which are looking out for you and the sport as a whole

Edited by angrymallard

right, yes im guily of editing the post to say yesterday, as i saw the "debate" starting and was only 99% sure i was right and wanted to stop it before it started. anyway ive just rang BASC and the lady informs me that in Derbyshire you can shoot wildfowl on Sundays..

You took that Canada out with standard 32gram steel 5's?? Nice shot!

I wouldn't take that on with them cartridge for fear of pr1ck1ng the bird, was it head shot??

sorry there actually no 4 x32.. yes mate they were so close i could have took it with a catapult, so 1/2 choke head shot wasnt a problem..

You took that Canada out with standard 32gram steel 5's?? Nice shot!

I wouldn't take that on with them cartridge for fear of pr1ck1ng the bird, was it head shot??

As long as you keep the distance sensible 32g 5's in steel are fine for canadas. Last season i took 6 canadas with 32g 5's :good:

This season had 2 so far stone dead and no head shot either!!