beet harvest

Harnser

What does it look like? I would like to start searching out for different crops. Is it grown everywhere?

Ack-Ack is spot on Sugar beet is now only really grown in east Anglia for delivery into British sugars Cantley, Wissington and Bury St Edmunds factories and further north for delivery into there Newark factory. Still a great crop to shoot over, I've made decent bags over drillings and tops after it has been harvested.

Don't expect to see the same amount of tops left in the field this year though as farmers are now being paid for hole beet to be delivered, so no longer required to crown them in the field.

Beet harvest started today on my farms . Will be watching the fields for the pigeons . Although I like the beet a little bit later in the year ,after a good frost is the best time .

Harnser .

I also prefer it later on. I have had good bags in february on beet tops, when the pigeons don't have many other alternatives. Right now they have so much choice.