bullet seating

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was answering a question asked. I have 100gr bullets and 105gr and I'm not loading them. Simply because I don't want to.

what you on about now mate,whats 100 and 105gr bullets got to do with you using the wrong powder ??? by the way your rifle definatley wont shoot the 105 as you need an 8 twist and I would be very surprized if its shoots 100gr as again you need a 9 twist,your rifle will be a 10,but thats a whole new topic I dont know nothing about :rolleyes:

and please please dont try using RL7 with a 100gr bullet as you will end up with about 15gr of powder in the case

Edited by Ackley

Like I said I'm not loading 100gr bullets. Instead of been so wound up and angry try reading abit slower. Thanks

ar from wound up mate,Iam just amazed some poeple dont listen,I did read your comments very slowly as they didnt make any sense a bit like your reloading :lol::lol::lol:

best of luck mate try to stay safe,Iam bored with this now

I always find it hard to understand why some people are perfectly happy to settle for "it will do" and "its good enough" and not strive to get the best results from their reloads.

I can only assume that in their whole lives evertyhing is "just good enough" or "will do" and there is no motovation to achieve any sort of excellence.

For the majority of handloaders the search for this "excellence" is the main goal and reason for handloading, which inturn manifests itself in the accuracy and consistancy of their hand loaded ammunition :)

Ian.

I always find it hard to understand why some people are perfectly happy to settle for "it will do" and "its good enough" and not strive to get the best results from their reloads.

I can only assume that in their whole lives evertyhing is "just good enough" or "will do" and there is no motovation to achieve any sort of excellence.

For the majority of handloaders the search for this "excellence" is the main goal and reason for handloading, which inturn manifests itself in the accuracy and consistancy of their hand loaded ammunition :)

Ian.

May just be that everyone else is subject to both time and financial constraints and have to allocate those resources accordingly. Work and family commitments take up much of the average Joe Bloggs' time and money. You might be forgiven for thinking that your attainments are envied but I suspect many are happy in their mediocrity, secure in the knowledge that their time will come.

Edited by wymberley

3300fps takes an 0.18 of a second to reach 200 yards

2500fps takes 0.24 of a second. To reach 200 yards

Time difference is 0.058182 at 200yards.less then a 6th of a second

As I suspected , Not enough time to read the shooting times or to have a cup of coffee . Think I will stick with the 2500 foot per second 150 grn .308 .

Harnser .

what a load of ****,the guy is using a 243 with a 60 gr bullet do you honestly think running it at 3000 FPS is the correct thing to do,for gods sake you can get ba 100gr bullet to do that speed

Ackely, do you speak in stars or just lack vocabulary? there are plenty of safe loads were he can run a 60grn at 3000 fps. Is there anything wrong in this? No not if he chooses to do this he will get ok bullet terminals at moderate ranges and will increase his barrel life significantly if using the correct powders "he is also well aware that Kranks sold him a bum steer" The recoil energy will also be less making the gun sweeter and easier to shoot than pushing it to the max.

If you knew as much as you thought you did about the subject you might already know all this and more

As I suspected , Not enough time to read the shooting times or to have a cup of coffee . Think I will stick with the 2500 foot per second 150 grn .308 .

Harnser .

oh you realy need to run faster than that mate! your gonna loose a couple of mm's in windage at 200yds. Anyway why are you still running that std .308 win you could improve that case then you would have someting diffferent than all the other guys :rolleyes:

and round and round we go :rolleyes::rolleyes: good god some people post up some awful ****

Pete's right, the powder does not suit and has the potential to be devastatingly dangerous, change it asap

do you really want to be posting pics on here in a months tine of your barrel split from action to muzzle .... no well there ya go buy some proper powder :yes:

what a load of ****,the guy is using a 243 with a 60 gr bullet do you honestly think running it at 3000 FPS is the correct thing to do,for gods sake you can get ba 100gr bullet to do that speed

Ackely, do you speak in stars or just lack vocabulary? there are plenty of safe loads were he can run a 60grn at 3000 fps. Is there anything wrong in this? No not if he chooses to do this he will get ok bullet terminals at moderate ranges and will increase his barrel life significantly if using the correct powders "he is also well aware that Kranks sold him a bum steer" The recoil energy will also be less making the gun sweeter and easier to shoot than pushing it to the max.

If you knew as much as you thought you did about the subject you might already know all this and more

well oh great knowlagable one,I do know you DONT run a 243 with a 60gr pill at 3000 fps surely "your loading books" would show you this,who said anything about "pushing to the max" or or you just trying to get away from the fact Iam correct and you dont like it

show me ANY published load data showing a 243 running 3000 fps using a 60gr pill,show me the min and max load along with the FPS figures,tell you what start with Alliant Powders

Edited by Ackley

Ian.

Many people spend more time out there shooting, than sat at home reloading and talking about it.......

Ackley I thort you was board with this. Work back thru the posts someone did confirm that load data for .243. 60gr bullet and reloader 7 give 3320fps

you should try to understand what people who post are trying to help you with,the load was taken form "quick load" this isnt published "load data" so its never been tested,quickload is a ballistic programme for the more experience reloader to help give them a guide to what may be loaded BUT again one must input ALL the CORRECT data as put **** in your get **** out,also quickload is a "guide" the velocity figures generated are usually wrong whgich I have prooven many times

I can put "any make of powder into "my quickload programm" and I can make a load which will fire,this dosnt mean it is right,as myself and mnay others on this thread has been trying to tell you,undercharge can be just as dangerous and an overcharge

the only thing I use quickload for is to see which is the best powder burnt down the barrel

but what do I know Ive only been quickload since it came out