Crows in the pattern?

Kikkan

Hi there!

I have a question for you guys.

I read sevral places that if you use a few crows in your pattern (or like 10 meters away from the pattern).

You can get a better result as the pigeons feel more secure?

And they work as "scout" for the pigeons?

Have any of you guys tryed this or know anything about it?

/Cheers :good:

I use them now and then. Can't say it really works better. But you got the general idea allright. Because crows are very aware of their surrounding and scout the area very good, pigeons tend to feel more secure when crows are around in combination with pigeon deeks.

But again, i can't really tell the difference, maybe somebody else ?

p.s. when i use the crow deeks by themselves i also place a old bag of crisps with them (like they are eating from the bag). I am told this works better then crow deeks on their own, does it work, yes, better, can't really tell.

Yep, i've tried it. I "think" it works better because I managed to shoot a couple of rooks once and put them outside of the decoy pattern and the pigeons "seemed" (not sure though) to come in with more confidence. We have a lot of rooks around here so you often get both species together. I am sure there are a lot better pigeon shooters out there than me who don't, but if it gives you confidence do it :lol:

When some rooks were really caneing some laid barley, I got there early and put out some pigeon shells with my two rook deeks and had a record day for me. :good:

Ft

Edited by flytie

I always add crow decoys to pigeon decoys when I'm shooting. I also put some pigeon deeks out when I'm shooting crows. Pigeons will rarely fly over the crow deeks, so they are best put past your killing ground. Having said that I once had a pigeon land right next to a crow decoy! Crows can't resist a nose at your pigeon deeks, and possibly pigeons feel a bit more secure, when crows are part of the general pattern. Hedge your bets, and play for both, is my advice.

i use two crows 6ft apart, 20yrds away from the pigeon decoys out in the middle of the field is best ,and some times i put two magpie decoys out to the left or right depends which way the pigeon are coming in to the field,best way iv found for the magpie is one on a fence post and one one the ground with in 15ft range of each other..and yes it does help