Goodbye CPSA....

Catamong

Taken from a press release by the CPSA today:

"The Steering Group, formed from Senior Representatives of the three Governing Bodies, met again yesterday and reaffirmed their commitment to progressing towards a unified body that will best represent the interests of Target Shooting Sports. The new organisation will be known as the National Association of Target Shooting Sports, (NATSS).

The formal merger of the Governing bodies is subject to further detailed discussion, however some areas for short and medium term collaboration have been identified and will be progressed".

This has been on the cards for sometime, is it good for us Clay Shooters..??

Cat.

Trouble is as singular small goups their voice is simply washed away

IF all the shooting bodies came together in ONE voice it's stronger.

Just a shame really as clay shooting is where most go to brush up on shooting skills before going hunting and the two generally go hand in hand

LG

Most of the clay groups have gone skint putting people through clay competitions in foreign parts.

The target groups will distance themselves from the nasty people that shoot in the field because of the negative image which adversely affects sponsorship.

However, as LG says, there is an interesting juxaposition between field and target sports. I got hooked on clays, but have since found a stronger drug shooting out in the field - if someone told me 5 years ago that I would be getting up at 4.00 a.m. on a Saturday / Sunday to stand in a field I would have said their were potty.

I feel that this can only be a good move for the target organisations. I am currently a member of BASC because I have to be,(my wildfowling club insist on it) The CPSA as I have shot registered shoots in the past. and the NSRA as I shoot in smallbore rifle competitions. I have often thought about fullbore target shooting but that would mean joining the NRA as well.

If the 3 target organisations were to merge I would only need to join one.

AS LG has said 3 organisations 1 voice is much louder.

Cheers

Martin

Trouble is as singular small goups their voice is simply washed away

IF all the shooting bodies came together in ONE voice it's stronger.

Just a shame really as clay shooting is where most go to brush up on shooting skills before going hunting and the two generally go hand in hand

LG

I just had visions of huntsmen/women on horseback at claygrounds, ooooooooohhhhssHHHHHHHH!!!TTTTTT.

Got to agree though once voice is easier to hear.

Ft

Edited by flytie