.243 on a budget, is there such a thing?

Gnome of the Woods

+1 for Parker Hale

£90 rifle (already had scope, use my HMR mod and bipod)

IMG_4219.jpg

it shoots OK! :D

IMG_4218.jpg

Sorry if I have misunderstood your reply but are you saying that you use your 17HMR mod on a .243 or is the "HMR" part a brand name of moderators that I haven't heard of?

If you are refering to using a 17HMR moderator on a .243 is this safe or am I missing something here?

+1 for Parker Hale

£90 rifle (already had scope, use my HMR mod and bipod)

it shoots OK! :D

Sorry if I have misunderstood your reply but are you saying that you use your 17HMR mod on a .243 or is the "HMR" part a brand name of moderators that I haven't heard of?

If you are refering to using a 17HMR moderator on a .243 is this safe or am I missing something here?

Yes, I noticed that just before I scrolled down to your response...something certainly isn't right here, a Moderator which fits a HMR and a .243, I wonder what size hole it has (apart from the other obvious questions) :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Its a PES T12 Scout

on the HMR it is very quiet,on the 22 LR even more so!

I use it in my Sako Quad for all four calibres.

To be fair I use the .17M2 more than the HMR as I dont need to skin rabbits at the POI!

all 1/2UNF threaded barrels

its a 6.5mm hole

perfect for a 243.

saves me spending several hundred pounds on moderators that may have a 6mm hole and give no appreciable decrease in muzzle report.

Its a PES T12 Scout

on the HMR it is very quiet,on the 22 LR even more so!

I use it in my Sako Quad for all four calibres.

To be fair I use the .17M2 more than the HMR as I dont need to skin rabbits at the POI!

all 1/2UNF threaded barrels

its a 6.5mm hole

perfect for a 243.

saves me spending several hundred pounds on moderators that may have a 6mm hole and give no appreciable decrease in muzzle report.

If you are happy that is all that matters, but this is a CF mod which you can put on anything smaller, just like you can ANY CF mod!

Best of luck if you are happy with 500-600g of mod on the end of a rimfire!

I'm not convinced it has a 6.5mm hole, these are designed to fit on a .308, which is 7.62mm, so if this only has a 6.5mm hole you are staring a serious accident in the face! :hmm::hmm: