looking for

saz

hey all im looking for some land for me and a mate to go shooting on. be it pigeons in day time or lamping foxes and rabbits at night. it all seems abit slack round here at min and were lookin to get out in field abit more.

looking in nottinghamshire and lincolnshire area!!

cheers guys

Saz,

Unless you get really lucky the advice is normally to get out and knock on doors, I know that sounds easy to say, but if you scroll down this section you will see previous posts from shooters who have had great sucess doing just that :blush:

Good luck either way.

Edited by stuartp

hi mate. ive tried a few of the local farmers. at the minute im jus tryin to find out who owns wot land and who had actually got wot roamin there land. the prob is ive recently moved and not sure on the area plus u have to be careful who u talk to about it. theres a fair few that wud disagree with the sport in the area! grrr :blush:

plus its always worth a try lol :)

hi mate. ive tried a few of the local farmers. at the minute im jus tryin to find out who owns wot land and who had actually got wot roamin there land. the prob is ive recently moved and not sure on the area plus u have to be careful who u talk to about it. theres a fair few that wud disagree with the sport in the area! grrr :blush:

hi saz

good luck with your quest.

do you find it difficult getting permission with you being a female.

i just wondered how the land owners respond to you.

If you have just moved into the area, I would also say get down the local pub (any excuse!) on a Friday night and start mingling a bit with the locals Don't ask straight away, wait until you are 'established' a bit and then start enquiring about land and pest control etc..

any excuse to go the pub sounds gd haha ;):huh:

mark it varies in different areas. yes sometimes they do turn me down more when im asking for ferreting or longnetting. but to tell you the truth most of them are happy to see a lass into the countryside and would always help where they cud. :)

but sayin that i where i used to live i was as a volunteer gamekeeper for 6 months so was pretty well established (vermin control wise) in the area.

other girls may say otherwise. they may have had trouble coz as i said it seems to vary in different areas and what ure askin for :blush:

Think you just need to knock on as many doors as you can. Try everything you can think of, even if its not much. Do a good job and word of mouth kicks in.

This time last year, 3 of us were struggling to get land for air rifles. Now, through word of mouth and jobs well done, 4 of us cover a few thousand acres with FAC. I know this isnt much on the grand scale of things, but its kept my sport going.

Best of luck.

hi Saz -- i know whatton and the area well , the area is well saturated with shooters all protecting there own little bit , if you know what i mean .

i keep horses down there and been trying a while i must have knocked on every farmers door in the area , but there was nothing much available ( but keep trying ), there are a couple of shoot syndicates in the area , but it seems that all the shooting rights are divided up amongst them.

sorry i cant offer you anything at the moment , but when i get enough for my self you,ll be welcome ,

do you have an airrifle or ferrets?( may know some one later on )

have you tried asking around at orston s/g .

Also visit the NOBS site and register there for beating etc , good way to get in .

i shoot mainly over at shelford , but its not my land , i only got that as i kept horses there too and have to take the owners son with me , but thats also overshot a lot these days.

any way how long you been in whatton , have you met Vicky( the white witch ) yet ( shes got the 2 old landies )

and posh pat( 4x4 bmw , merc )

Darren .

no darren i havent met many people yet havent been there long. spoke to a few people bout it as i walk my dg but people jus seemed to turn funny. i will knock on a few more doors. i will have ferrets avaliable yes and an s410

cheers

Also visit the NOBS site and register there for beating etc

she,s been on there for along time , hey saz

saz, pity you dont live down in the west country plenty down here i have to keep turning it away,because i have more then i can handle.

damn it im willing to travel :lol::lol::)

oh and btw hello magman sori missed that b4 :good: lol ure right ive been on there for ages im addicted!!! lol :lol::lol::lol:

Also visit the NOBS site and register there for beating etc

she,s been on there for along time , hey saz

saz, pity you dont live down in the west country plenty down here i have to keep turning it away,because i have more then i can handle.

damn it im willing to travel :lol::D:D

oh and btw hello magman sori missed that b4 :good: lol ure right ive been on there for ages im addicted!!! lol :D:lol::lol:

hope you get sorted saz , best of luck :good:

• 2 weeks later...