Heavily Customised BSA Ultra - Bullpup

ellebarto

I've got a mate in Holland who is a master engineer and he had a great idea to convert an Ultra into a Bullpup. I'm amazed by the final result and very happy with it. Its so naturally to mount and shoot I cnat help wondering why there arent any factory made one's!

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

Regulated, side cocking, bull barrel with silencer, magazine catch in the breech. short stroke hammer.

Annodised alloy buttpad and there is a custom pellet probe to come.

Yet to take it into the field but have very high hopes for this!

Interesting you should say. The BSA trigger is for want of a better phrase 'a bit sloppy'. Its been greatly improved by the guy who did this by completely bespoking the actual blade but even so it wobbles slightly from left to right. The actual pull on it is awesome and just takes a nice squeeze. Under the stock there is an engineered piece of aluminium rod coiled in a spring thats attached to the original trigger mechanism and threaded through a holding pivot attached to the breech for stability. If I get time tonight I'll take it off and post another picture of that part.

• 2 weeks later...

pity he could no sort out the dreaded hokey cokey of the Ultra, ie catch pressed down, bolt shoots back, bolt pressed back in then cocked, if he could have worked out how to do it all off the side bolt, then that would have made it really stunning! Not that it is not stunning, it would just be more the gun it should have been!

pity he could no sort out the dreaded hokey cokey of the Ultra, ie catch pressed down, bolt shoots back, bolt pressed back in then cocked, if he could have worked out how to do it all off the side bolt, then that would have made it really stunning! Not that it is not stunning, it would just be more the gun it should have been!

I always release the bolt back under pressure as letting it shoot back under its own steam can cause damage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...