Gaywood gun auction King's Lynn

*zinc

I have been here on a few occasions and done well buying bits. Last time I got a nice semi auto and camo netting and hide poles etc. came home a few quid lighter but had some bargains. The semi auto was only £95. hide poles (propper ones not diy) £25. got a nice fishing seat box too and other bits and bobs.

the guns are ok if you know what your looking for. remove the forend and.shake the gun a little. if you feel play ( movement ) leave it alone. check stocks for cracks etc and look for pitting and other things etc.

If i remember rightly the sandwiches were over priced and like cardboard bricks. take a few rolls of your own.

oh and one last thing!

Try and get to the cashier as quick as possible or you will wait hours i kid you not lol.

The sale is usually first or second Friday in October. It's not a bad sale but some people get carried away and pay more for things than new price! Its advisable to get there for mid-day for viewing as the main sale starts at 5:30pm, (Fishing sale 5pm I think) you need plenty of time to view the lots. Some of the things in the sale are pretty **** and you wonder why they are there but the majority of things are reasonably good.

The last time I went the Crusty Rolls were about £1:50 and cans of drink £1, but next door to Gaywood Community Centre is the 'Wildfowler Pub' that always did good quality bar food <_<

If you are looking for anything in particular or are interested in whats for sale Geoffrey Collins will send out a brochure a week before the sale if you phone and ask for one.

Kings Lynn Gun & Fishing Tackle sale is next Friday 14th October at Gaywood Community Centre. Viewing is usually from mid-day and the sale of fishing gear usually starts around 4pm in the smaller annex room and the main shooting type items including guns starts about 5 30pm. Brochures are usually available from G Collins Auctioneers before the sale or on the day. If requested they will post them out to you for a small charge.

His paintings are not brilliant but do make a lot of money now. I remember many years ago he had a house-boat on Shep Whites and one of the bigger creeks on the marsh is known as 'Kenzies Creek'.

His book is a very interesting read for someone like me who is local to the area too, as we know Sir Peter Scott was a friend of Kenzies as was James Robertson Justice.

Apparently the House-boat was set fire to on Kenzies death in 1976 by his romany relatives as tradition. I heard that the house where he lived in Sutton Bridge still has many wildfowl paintings he did on the walls.

Hope to get to the sale, typically I don't need anything but will end up with more junk as the wife calls it!

His paintings are not brilliant but do make a lot of money now. I remember many years ago he had a house-boat on Shep Whites and one of the bigger creeks on the marsh is known as 'Kenzies Creek'.

His book is a very interesting read for someone like me who is local to the area too, as we know Sir Peter Scott was a friend of Kenzies as was James Robertson Justice.

Apparently the House-boat was set fire to on Kenzies death in 1976 by his romany relatives as tradition. I heard that the house where he lived in Sutton Bridge still has many wildfowl paintings he did on the walls.

Hope to get to the sale, typically I don't need anything but will end up with more junk as the wife calls it!

Good copies of Kenzie the wild goose man fetch good money. See Kenzie the wild goose man

I think they have a £500 reserve on the picture i'd be interested how much it makes.

I was born in King's Lynn and my fathers father and his father shot the wash. The quality of Kenzies painting's isn't a factor in acquiring them. The book is rivetting and a must read.