Help

Flashgun

Can someone help whats going wrong with my shotgun shooting, i have been shooting for years and i was always a reasonable shot but now im loosing it and dont know why i do a lot of rifle shooting and was once told its not good to mix the two anyone else heard this. i think i will have to have some lessons to see whats going wrong. cheers. :hmm:

I have a similar problem to you Flashgun mate! :yes:

I used to do nothing but shotgun shooting and thought of myself as a "reasonable shot"! However, since I have taken to mainly rifle shooting and only taking the shotgun out occasionally it seems that my shotgun shooting has gone down hill a bit so I will watch the replies on this thread with interest!

I used to do nothing but shotgun shooting and thought of myself as a "reasonable shot"! However, since I have taken to mainly rifle shooting and only taking the shotgun out occasionally it seems that my shotgun shooting has gone down hill a bit so I will watch the replies on this thread with interest!

good to hear im not alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya im going for a lesson next wednesday i will let you know how i get on it might help you as well.

I do air rifle shooting inbetween claying and my coach can tell at the clay ground if I have or not, you probably slow down and stop instead of swinging through. He always moans at me about it but it's a good thing as that what I pay him for. Till your in the swing again you will keep missing behind. It takes me a few shots to get used to having both eyes open and pulling through again. Just look at the target and do what feels natural, don't think your mind will work it out for you

Update on my bad shooting,i had a lesson yesterday with Philip Thorold in diss i started to try and shoot clays of the high tower and could not hit any thing i finished the lesson hitting everything, he told me using a rifle i was not judging distance properly and not swinging the gun and stopping once i got this into my head i was shooting well. so money well spent and philip was very good and definetly knew what he was talking about. :good: