Shot gun

deadeye ive

Ok Lads ........and of course lasses :crazy:

Don't know if anyone can remember a very old topic from last year about shooting a Canadian Goose discreetly :good: on the 18 th green at my local golf club .

Well it seems they are back with a vengence ........Currently I have 1/4 & 1/2 chokes in so will that be fine for steel shot and what is the tightest I can go ?........I'm using 32g no 3's

Up early tommorrow 4.30 ish so what time does it start to get light ?

Cheers :sick:

:crazy:

The course fees are around a £1000 a year ...........All other forms of applicable deterrant have failed also :mad:

Just picture the senario .........you'd had one of your best rounds and then your presented with a green full of ***** on it :good: .................The final green is set up next to a large water feature

Out of interest if there was a season would it apply in this case ,..........Vermin and pest control with a legitamate reason behind it

:crazy:

Unless you are within 15-20 yds I wouldn`t use 32gm 3`sI`d go for BB,remember you need to go up at least 2 sizes from lead to steel :crazy:

1/2 choke

Can you elaborate further Henry ................I'm no wildfowler :mad: ...............This is strictly the elimination of unwanted vermin /pest and will probably be an unsporting approach :sick:

Is it safe Ive to use a .22lr with subsonic rounds?

It would yes ...............but seeing as i no longer have a .22lr and won't get the .17 hmr for a few weeks it's going to be the shotgun :crazy:

However I'll also be going after rabbits as well so' I'll have my extremely accurate ,predictable FAC air rifle on me as well :mad::crazy:

You should see me I look like the terminator .........armed to the teeth and ready for anything :good:

Are the cartridges American BTW? as it makes a difference,our No.3=3.3mm or.130"

Yank No.3 steel =3.6mm or .140" :sick:

they are express henry

Is it safe Ive to use a .22lr with subsonic rounds?

It would yes ...............but seeing as i no longer have a .22lr and won't get the .17 hmr for a few weeks it's going to be the shotgun :crazy:

You should see me I look like the terminator .........armed to the teeth and ready for anything :good:

You never know when you need a handy .22lr. :mad:

As for being armed to the teeth :crazy::sick: Im like that when i go to my local range. :mad:

Well was up at 4 this morning ...............Loads of Ducks on the pond but by the time I'd left at 7 I did'nt see any Geese :crazy: ..................I can only go on the groundsmen reports stating that they are always around first thing in the morning :good: .........Not in this case though .

Got a brace of rabbits though which was hard work considering the Wind and the fact I'd did'nt dress like a golfer :crazy: