Scope for lamping (recommend)

blackbird

I recently upgraded to an S&B (6x42 I think) and every person who shoots the rifle (when lamping) says it's unbelievable in comparison to the old scope I used to have.

There's obviously a small price to pay with a scope like that, but definitely worth it :yes:

Edited by Billy.

I am looking for a new scope to go onto my .22 Ruger 10/22 It now has a old cheap 4x32, can you guys recommend me a scope what mag to go for etc, it will be 90% of the time used for lamping rabbits.

Ive got a cheap 3-9 x 50 on my 10/22, you dont need anything bigger or better, works great daytime or lamping

I recently upgraded to an S&B (6x42 I think) and every person who shoots the rifle (when lamping) says it's unbelievable in comparison to the old scope I used to have.

There's obviously a small price to pay with a scope like that, but definitely worth it :yes:

Ah but you only know how good till you get out and use one ;) My own recomendation 100% :good:

What was your old scope Billy? I've got the 8 x 56 on my .223 but looking for maybe the 10 x 42 for my hmr and .22

Erm, I think it was a Nikko 6x42 wide angle. The name contained 'Gold crown' or something. It was a good, cheap scope. However the S&B put it to shame.

I used to go down the cheap scope route and it was such a big mistake. There's no point scrimping on a scope for a rimfire, especially if it's for lamping. The ability to see things much better is quite helpful if you've got a lamper who can't see the bunny :rolleyes:

Hi blackbird,it all depends on your budget really?I've got a S&B 8x56 on my Ruger 10/22 but if I was looking for another scope for my 10/22 I probably would go for the Simmons WTC 3.5-10x50.I've always rated Simmons scopes and the one I have mentioned is nothing short of superb!!!

I would love to put a S&B scope on but can't justify that kind of cash for a Rimfire, will take a look at the Simmons thanks all for your replys.

I would love to put a S&B scope on but can't justify that kind of cash for a Rimfire, will take a look at the Simmons thanks all for your replys.

To be honest mate I've only got my S&B scope on my 10/22 because i love it and ive only got 1CF rifle otherwise it would be on a bigger calibre rifle!

Advice on the Simmons WTC-try and get the Phillipines models as the newer ones are made in China and are not as good as the Phillipines ones.You could pick up a nice secondhand one for around £70-£100,and as I said are really good value for money,nice glass for the price.

ATB.