Pigeon shooting on rape

lukeyboi

Hi guys it's my first year pigeon shooting, iv got a magnet two hypaflaps 2 bouncers and 12 FUDS what's the best way to decoy on winter rape as when I try balance the FUDS on top it's hard work and they are not well seen its about 12inches high now just looking for advice do you only use FUDS and the like before the crop has got going or what???

If you have any flocked shells use them and if u have the spring sticks with them you can use garden cane to get them over the rape adjust to what height you want and you still have the movement or use some cradles with real birds and use the garden cane again to get your height just tape the cradles or flocked shell spring sticks to the cane

What some people have done with their FUDs is to remove the large steel stake, I cut my off, and use a cycle spoke to take it's place. The spoke needs to have a U bend made at the non threaded end to push up under the plastic rivet that the metal stake was fitted to.

I got some bamboo canes and shortened them to the required length sawing them at the knuckle (for want of a better word) I then used a small drill to make a hole in the end of the cut knuckle into which the cycle spoke is inserted.

In use I push the bamboo cane into the ground and fit the FUD with spoke in downwards position into the bamboo cane. The FUD will then pivot in the wind giving movement to the pattern.

Got some Dippas from deny Essex on Friday and must say they look the part and work great 27 shot today biggest bag yet thumbs up to deny Essex cheers mate

Glad you had a result was good to meet you , 27 for the way its shooting down our farms at the moment would be a great bag well done.

Edited by deny essex

• 2 weeks later...