Is this poaching

why ever not? if Flashgun has an understanding with the farmer and then someone with vermin permission starts shooting the game birds he's put down, he has every right to be annoyed.

strictly speaking it's a legal issue anyway - if he only has vermin rights and is shooting game, then he's poaching (it may not be on Flashgun's land, but he's poaching from the farmer).

Im maybe missing something,which is probable,but where were game birds mentioned in the context that the so called poacher was shooting?If i said i was shooting birds coming in to roost i would mean pigeons,which are vermin.Without the OP seeing any game,hes making presumptions about someone,that could be any one of us and casting them as a villian,admittedly a pantomime one.

this'll probably make me unpopular, but if you shoot for a farmer who lets you shoot game, and some nearby gamekeepers birds wander over your land then you shouldnt be made to feel like a villain for taking the occasional bird. Standing next to the release woods and taking easy shot after shot is obviously not sporting or fair. But where i shoot i get partridges and pheasants when the wind blows them across, i'll shoot a few and vary my diet. Why should i have to pay £100+ to shoot a wild bird i see anyway?

this'll probably make me unpopular, but if you shoot for a farmer who lets you shoot game, and some nearby gamekeepers birds wander over your land then you shouldnt be made to feel like a villain for taking the occasional bird. Standing next to the release woods and taking easy shot after shot is obviously not sporting or fair. But where i shoot i get partridges and pheasants when the wind blows them across, i'll shoot a few and vary my diet. Why should i have to pay £100+ to shoot a wild bird i see anyway?

Fair point

The way i see it,if a game bird wanders off the shoot ground,it becomes "fair game" for anyone with shooting permission on neighbouring/surrounding land with the consent of the landowner to take the odd bird :yes:

It matters not that the shoot gets upset,nothing at all they can do about it,and all the talk about it making you a poacher really is a :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: having said that i would not stand on the boundry on a shoot day waiting for birds to fly over :no: common sense from both sides needs to be shown :yes: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

He only had permission to shoot pigeons off a crop and he had no reason to be there as it was only a stubble field.

Most people shoot over stubble :yes: the way your post reads :rolleyes: :rolleyes: as if your "POACHER" was doing something wrong by shooting over stubble :yes:

Something about your posts that just dont add up for me im afraid :o I think im best leaving it there :P :P

Edited by Bluebarrels

Most people shoot over stubble :yes: the way your post reads :rolleyes: :rolleyes: as if your "POACHER" was doing something wrong by shooting over stubble :yes:

Something about your posts that just dont add up for me im afraid :o I think im best leaving it there :P :P

Sounds like the farmer gave permission to the "poacher" to only shoot a particular field. The "poacher" then went else where on the land to have a shoot :hmm:

get a grip!! if it was me i would not be happy and after 10 mins neither would the cock shooting them! in theory this guy isnt poaching but is the shot going in to the wood when he is shooting at ROOSTING GAME BIRDS?? if thats the case hes shooting on your land and is poaching!!

I think its you that needs to get a "grip" :yes: so what would you do to the "cock" after 10 mins :hmm: sounds like youve got quite a "Hot Head"

Just remember this,two sides to every story :yes: and were only hearing one side :yes:

Edited by Bluebarrels

it doesnt happen like that though does it? we have several different teams of legal poachers shooting our boundaries, and with the exception of the proper shooting estate next door, all of them shoot pheasants as though they are robots killing vermin, its all about numbers and how many they have shot, thats what annoys me, i spend all summer in bloody awful hot sheds rearing them and then along comes some cretin with a few feeders and shoots them as if they are myxied rabbits, if they were a bit more sportsmanlike about it i would not mind so much,

Im maybe missing something,which is probable,but where were game birds mentioned in the context that the so called poacher was shooting?If i said i was shooting birds coming in to roost i would mean pigeons,which are vermin.Without the OP seeing any game,hes making presumptions about someone,that could be any one of us and casting them as a villian,admittedly a pantomime one.

All together now..........."Ohh No he isn't" :lol::lol:

Seems reasonable :good:

However frustrating it must be if you release birds and they wander off, once they leave your land, how can you claim/prove they're yours.

• 3 months later...